Best Way to Mount 20" Light Bar

akf250

Reaction score
I'm driving back up to Alaska from Colorado next month and I was looking for extra spotlight power for those dark nights. I know I want to mount the 20" right in the middle spot on the bumper because it fits so perfectly. Whats the best way to attach it to the inside of the bumper? Does the kit come with mounts and if so will those mounts allow me to mount how I want?

I really like the 20" E-Series LED Light Bar (White, Flood) from Rigid Industries but am totally up for any opinions.

Please post up pics of your light bars, and any reviews or comments. It may help me get past the $700 price tag :confused:

The link below is for a specific mount for the middle slot of the bumper but it says its only for the new 2011+ trucks

Will this mount work??

http://www.rigidindustries.com/product-p/40136.htm

Thanks guys, any input is helpful!

Currently running 5000k HIDS in a projector housing and stock fog lights. Fog lights flood very well and projector housing beams right where you need it. Just need to fill that deep middle section.

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
I don't think it will work on the 08-10, I could be wrong but its been a while since I did one on a 6.7 .

I plan on doing one on mine but I was just going to make my own bracket.

Coxey Diesel

Reaction score
KC makes a bracket that works with 05-07. Not sure about 08-10 but I would think they do. Take a look at GG lighting or OK LED light bars. Their prices are much more reasonable.

one2nine

Reaction score
I have mine mounted to a bull bar. I have seen center bumper mounted bars but not sure how they mounted/spaced them on the 08-10

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
image.jpgI made my own brackets to mount in the hole in the bumper.

I got a 12"x4" piece of flat stock. Drilled holes to mount the brackets to the per-existing holes for the tow hooks painted and installed. Took about 90min to pull the bumper, install and reassemble.

Last edited:

forcefed6.4ford

Reaction score
image.jpg

Would only let me up load 1 at a time

I love my 20 bar. Rigid as well. Money well spent. Going through large valleys I can light up the other side enough to identify anything less then a mile away. On the flat you can see highway markers And signs at or just over 3 miles.

Last edited:

akf250

Reaction score
View attachment 16187

Would only let me up load 1 at a time

I love my 20 bar. Rigid as well. Money well spent. Going through large valleys I can light up the other side enough to identify anything less then a mile away. On the flat you can see highway markers And signs at or just over 3 miles.

That looks great! The light bar sounds like it won't disappoint and doesn't look to complicated to get mounted up either.

Do you just have it hooked to a upfitter switch or does it run through your brights?

one2nine

Reaction score
I ran mine to the up fitter. Wasn't all that hard. They're awesome for night driving especially if you're trying to see deer to try and avoid them.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.