BFG KM2 Life

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Looking for some input on the lifespan of BFG KM2s. I decided to scratch the big tire idea and go with something a little more light on the wallet. I have been looking at the 255/80r17. Anyone have any idea how BFGs are sized? (run small or run big or dead on)

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Wow...that is the first time I'd heard of that....didn't realize they were that soft...generally I'd heard good things but never a number on mileage

powerstrokin15

Reaction score
i got 43k out of my first set that were BALD.. around 35k out of the next. third set i sold to my dad, couldnt tell you how many miles though. hes had 2 sets and put over 30k on them. we rotate EVERY 5k or less. a lot of highway, and offroad. all sand balanced. i loved them, just didnt like the way they look on a 20" wheel is why i dont have them now.. they are $$$ though. for a 35" tire, i dont think thats too bad

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Have a buddy that has a set in 37s on a dmax and has for a few years now...have to see if he knows what he's at mileage wise. I figure in a 33 they can't be too bad

Wayne

Reaction score
I used to run the a/t's, which seemed to last 40K+ until I went beyond the power level of a chipped 7.3. First time I put real power past them they seemed to wear down extremely fast. 15K out of the last set I had were down below 1/2 tread when I sold them for toyo m/t's. I'd run them on a low power vehicle again, but not something that has much under the hood. Mind you my driving style didn't change with this experience. It's just my somewhat heavy foot. I don't do burnouts except on a rare occasion, but the soft compound and tires almost spinning is not a good combo for extended tire life no matter what. it just seems to be worse than most.

flippincgfighter

Reaction score
Ive had 2 sets last very well.

First set were 285/75R17 on a F150. When i sold the pickup they had over 65% tread and i put 35k on them.

Second Set were 315/75/16 on my Crew Cab OBS. When i sold the pickup they were at 40% tread and i put 42k on them.

They do awesome in mud, rocks around here. They also do well in deep snow.
Sand and ice/slush they are not that great of a tire.

They ride well and have decent on road characteristics for a mud tire. They do seem to have a lot of sidewall flex, in turn this made a both of my pickups wander a little more.

Cody

Reaction score
I had a set of 315s that I bought with half tread, and i still put another 30k on them with a few burnouts and tugging on them ect, I bought another set of 37's with about half tread and hope to get the same out of them haha

semperfidooordie

Reaction score
Good to hear some of those numbers...I've always been a Goodyear man myself but with the lack of dually friendly sizes, backorder and cost diff I would much rather do BFGs

clayton

Reaction score
Ive got them in 35s on my dually. Only got about 10k km's on em but so far so good. I dont find them very noisy either.

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
I had a pair that seemed really soft. Left a trail on the concrete every time I went into my parking spot. I can't honestly tell you how many miles I got out of them tho. Got 37s used for a good deal...

I want to see you run some M16s because I'm looking for a rock hard mud tire that will go some distance too. I'm really interested In some results on them.

Last edited:

LovinPSDs

Reaction score
Yeah I had 2 duallys prior to my 2 singles now.. I know the feeling.. I honestly need/want about 10K in tires right now lol.. Everything I own I want or need a different setup on.

chappy

Reaction score
Have a buddy wit a 07 dodge crew cab cummings and hes running the 285/75-17's on stock wheels . He bought the km2's last fall and they have a little over 1/4 tread left. The trucks stock also. He isn't sure on milage but 12k at most on them. He lives out in the sticks and drives lots of dirt roads to get to town. Maybe thats whats chewing them up but he's not getting them again. Thats rediculous for there price.

Latest posts

Members online