Big tire brake question???

BigJDW

Reaction score
IMG_20111106_170011.jpg

101228_123459.jpg

I'm trying to figure out if my brother should/can upgrade his brake. As the truck sits now it take about a half a Honda to stop and there's a very good possibility that the brakes are worn slap out. So what I'm looking for is some one that's running the same set up, or something very similar to this, that can tell me if replacing all the wear parts with brand new parts will solve the problem or is he just going to have to upgrade to a better set up. If he going to have to upgrade than whats the best route?

golfer

Reaction score
I'm trying to figure out if my brother should/can upgrade his brake. As the truck sits now it take about a half a Honda to stop and there's a very good possibility that the brakes are worn slap out. So what I'm looking for is some one that's running the same set up, or something very similar to this, that can tell me if replacing all the wear parts with brand new parts will solve the problem or is he just going to have to upgrade to a better set up. If he going to have to upgrade than whats the best route?

I don't think anyone can answer if replacing what is warn will fix the issue...enough..without doing in person diagnostics...

but a good set of F rotors, with some EBC yellow stuff pads....and then rebuild/replace the rear drums as necessary would be a good starting point...

I've heard of (some) OBS guys converting the rear drums to rotors (something about Cadillac bracketry?)...so do some googling/searching on rear (caddy?) rotors for OBS trucks...if you want...but upgrading the fronts with quality chit, gravity bleed the lines, & add new fluid, would be time & money well spent.

BigJDW

Reaction score
I'm just looking for someone that has there obs on heavy tire and ask them if there stock brakes work. I'm trying to save my brother some money because one set of brake isnt much but multiple set start adding up and our money tree is plucked clean.

bad12jr

Reaction score
Autozone lifetime warranty severe duty brakes are what I run with 305s. They will stop well empty. Loaded not as well but pretty good. My next move is going to be rear disks.

Sent from my DROID X2 chillin somewhere

Foxracing0934

Reaction score
I'm only running a 285 but I went with cryo'd slotted rotors with hawk LTS pads and it was a huge upgrade from the factory braking. It was deffinetly worth the money.

dave186

Reaction score
Where did you get the hawk pads? I have always wanted to try some. Im not very hard on my brakes though.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.