Bigwig

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
If that's true, then it would hinder dual exhaust kits. Oh well, I'll stick with my stock sway bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's definitely a possibility. It's been about 5-6 years since I last installed a dual exhaust kit so I don't remember exactly where they pass over the axle.

UNBROKEN

Reaction score
My old ass truck here is in front and up/over the pinion. It works great. Id emulate that for the rear.

The front I have no gd idea so Ill stick with no input in that.

One parting shot: how bad can the front be in any 05+ coil spring front? Should be pretty ***kin rad out if the box.

IMHO the big Hellwig front bar is a massive improvement over stock. Front and rear Hellwigs are always some of the first mods I do. My last 6 tucks have had them.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
I don't know if it helps or hinders but we have a 2016 f350 DRW and the rear sway bar is mounted above the pinion, in front of the diff whereas my 2012 is mounted under and behind the diff

I wonder if sway bar placement has to do with what suspension package you get. I am thinking a DRW will work on a SRW also. Reason is look at the pics above. Looks the same to me.
The SRW has more bends than a DRW, which will make the sway bar a lighter rate one.

If you have not done the front do it. The front was the reason I bought both. The truck just dove too much in corners with and without the trailer.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
My truck doesnt have a stock bar, after getting my blue ox on my trailer and still having slight sway issues im thinking i can eliminate most of it with the bigwig and tuning my bags and tire pressure in. By the looks of the pic Zmann posted the bar might be able to miss the bags

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
the srw goes over the axle as posted earlier. The dually goes under. I didn't notice the huge improvement these guys talk about though

TyCorr

Reaction score
IMHO the big Hellwig front bar is a massive improvement over stock. Front and rear Hellwigs are always some of the first mods I do. My last 6 tucks have had them.

You ever use rear bags? I was planning to get a new bar but then opted for airbags and didnt know how much the bar would still do?

I hope it rides like a marshmallow empty lol

tbsimmons

Reaction score
The ride will stiffen some with a rear bar on the truck. But nothing close to what my 450 was. I pulled my fiver with just bags and they helped, but not enough.
The front bar I think is the main problem in these trucks, just too small. The back helps also when you have a load, but not like the front bar. I would not just do the front or the rear though, not good for suspension reaction unloaded.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
And my 16 is under the diff. So they both will fit.
The under the diff will be stiffer since it doesn't bend up and down.

sootie

Reaction score
And my 16 is under the diff. So they both will fit.
The under the diff will be stiffer since it doesn't bend up and down.

is yours a pickup or a chassis cab...i think that may be where the difference lies.

tbsimmons

Reaction score
Pickup. Maybe right.
I am just going off the way they mount looks like you can swap them.
That bar does not look like the Big Wigs. Usually the ends are adjustable.

Latest posts

Members online