Black Diamond HG's.

RescueF250

Reaction score
Ah so I don't know if anyone brought this up, but saw these interseting who thinks another set of black onyx/victor reins. Better question anyone actually buy these or try them ?

http://www.blackdiamonddiesel.com/servlet/the-2/Black-Diamond-6.0-Powerstroke/Detail

These head gaskets are 5 layer MLS with a coating of sealing agent.* They embossed for increased sealing and durability.* We recommend using ARP head studs with these gaskets for the ultimate in sealing performance.

Features:
Improved Cylinder Reliability
Improved head to block sealing
Includes both left and right head gaskets

Fits Ford Powerstroke 6.0 equipped trucks made 1/2006-2008.

The new Black Diamond head gaskets with advanced Black Diamond™ coating technology are constructed of five stainless steel layers, utilizing our patented integrated push rod locators and are coated with a proprietary fluoroelastomer (rubber) coating. The new coating seals and impregnates into the mating component surface where it decreases friction forces, and allows controlled sliding of the mating components relative to the gasket without fretting or damage to aluminum engine components.

The new Black Diamond coating is soft enough for cold sealing and features maximum adhesion, increased durability and temperature resistance, and is also resistant to engine fluids including gas, oil and coolant. Head gaskets with Black Diamond coating are well-suited for Ford 6.0L and 6.4L Power Stroke® engines.”

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
they look like they are made to look like oem, with the "sealant" only around the cylinders and water jackets. the victors were all black originally. but maybe i'm seeing it wrong. victor's 6.4 gaskets look like oems, maybe they changed their design on the 6.0's, making them to appear more like oem.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
I've heard that these are actually the exact same as oem just a different color. But that's just hearsay.

I think you're thinking of the platinum's that rcd sells brother. These are made on the same line as the ford gaskets, but have the black sealant instead of the ford blue. These almost remind me of cometic knock offs.
sent from the shop making things fly.....

Last edited:

SEABEE08FX4

Reaction score
The Ford ones are black now as well. But I'd say go with OEM, no use in splitting hairs just to have to do it all over again.

hawgdoctor

Reaction score
Cometic does not make a 6.0 head gasket, I spoke directly to Cometic, I started a thread about these awhile ago......

http://powerstrokearmy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22786

Actually they do have them just not released yet. Just spoke with them a couple days ago about it when ordering some custom gaskets for a stroker motor. Still under there longevity testing before release.

F-250-Owner

Reaction score
Actually they do have them just not released yet. Just spoke with them a couple days ago about it when ordering some custom gaskets for a stroker motor. Still under there longevity testing before release.

got ya... I spoke them to awhile ago, and they said there was a set back and the testing had to be started over.....

gjoski515

Reaction score
Never cheap out on one of the most important part your trying to not have fail again, the new Black Diamond look the same as oem but if oem wasn't the best to use why is everone trying to copy them.

04stroker

Reaction score
I think you're thinking of the platinum's that rcd sells brother. These are made on the same line as the ford gaskets, but have the black sealant instead of the ford blue. These almost remind me of cometic knock offs.

No I know about the platniums. I went to order some gasket kits the other day and was told that by the supplier. So I ordered some. Gonna compare the (black diamond) or victor reinz ones to OEM when I get them in next week.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
So has anyone had any experience with these yet? I know a couple people that have used them without failure and it doesn't seem like there are many bad reviews online.

Maybe they fixed the issue and these really are OEM quality?

windrunner408

Reaction score
I went with the black platinums from RCD. Just couldn't pass up the price on them from Jared and I have no complaints so far. Of course, I've only had them on for about a month and a half (>2k miles) so I need some time and miles before I can recommend them to anyone. I will say though that RCD had AMAZING customer service and quick shipping FWIW. They screwed up and sent me one 18mm dowel pin gasket and one 20mm dowel pin gasket and over nighted me another 20mm gasket. Now as long as they hold up for a while, I'll be happy.

Latest posts

Members online