black or chrome???

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score
Got a dilemma, Ive been trying to get the wife on board for years on getting black wheels. Its finally happened really interested in FUEL KRANKS. Now for the other dilemma Im not 100% on going to black wheels and not chrome, looking for opinions on what you would do. Heres the truck with the old BMF's. If you have black wheels on a dark blue truck feel free to post pics to give me more of an idea. thanks
ON EDIT: I also plan on getting a T-rex type black mesh grille in the future, as well as billet side vent inserts.
DSC00384.jpg

DSC00383.jpg

Last edited:

08PowerSmoke

Reaction score
This is just an opinion of course.....

Get the BLACK rims.......I have seen a pic on here your color blue with black 22's and its pretty awesome.

pog

Reaction score
id go black and paint match the bumpers to that bue.

TyCorr

Reaction score
Stroke of luck has an all blue 6leaker and its.rollin on 20x12 black hostages. The only downside I can see is.the widest krank you can get, afaik, is 10". I like the overall look of the krank but the little silver triangles and such might be too much. Im.definitely interested in how it looks.

pog

Reaction score
oh yeah you need harley headlights to really set it off with the black rims :D

Erikclaw

Reaction score
Color match bumpers, chrome wheels and chrome grill inserts. Everyone is into blk wheels etc, I say go chrome cause this is not what everyone is doing. But you have to like it day to day, so go with your gut. Chrome revolution FTW!

pog

Reaction score
Color match bumpers, chrome wheels and chrome grill inserts. Everyone is into blk wheels etc, I say go chrome cause this is not what everyone is doing. But you have to like it day to day, so go with your gut. Chrome revolution FTW!

chrome wouldnt be so bad if it didnt look bad when its dirty. black for me is more practicial day to day giving it rains here 365 days a year. i wonder what the new "black" will be next..

Erikclaw

Reaction score
chrome wouldnt be so bad if it didnt look bad when its dirty. black for me is more practicial day to day giving it rains here 365 days a year. i wonder what the new "black" will be next..

Well, of course if rain etc is an issue/problem then you need to do what you need to do. Maybe the new trend will be color matching the wheels? Who knows, not a lot of options really.

pog

Reaction score
Well, of course if rain etc is an issue/problem then you need to do what you need to do. Maybe the new trend will be color matching the wheels? Who knows, not a lot of options really.

already there, black on black lol.

Black_Pstroke

Reaction score

This is why I have been leaning back towards chrome. Lots of people are doing black these days. But ive been hearing a lot of bad things about fuel and bmf chrome peeling real bad lately. This is definetly bothersome i dont want to drop big $$$ and have.them start peeling in a year or so. Maybe ill do black wheels and go with Chrome grilled inserts, and leave the Chrome side bars. I've never even had the PTM bumpers cross my mind ill gave to think about that. thanks for the input guys

BK39

Reaction score
You should go with the black wheels and sell me your chrome BMFs for cheap. :thumbsup:

If you go black, get rid of the chrome. But if you are going to keep the chrome steps, and get a chrome grill insert, then keep the chrome wheels.

Latest posts

Members online