Blend door help

MrMike2010

Reaction score
Of course my truck is about 7k miles out of warranty and the heater is acting up on the drivers side. I have the dual climate control with the supplemental heat. Anyone know which blend door I need to replace and a part number. The passenger side works fine. The drivers side just clicks between 65-78. I'm afraid to pull the dash apart and my local dealer not having the part in stock.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
its just to the right of the go pedal.

took me about 20 mins to change.

i think i only payed like $15 for the actuator. maybe it was $25. i dont know, it was cheap.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
there is three actuators.

one easy to get to beside the go pedal, 2 in deep behind the glove box/radio.

i had symptoms like yours and replaced the one by the go pedal.

i dont know what each specific one does though, to be able to give you a better answer.

MrMike2010

Reaction score
Well after finding the actuator by the go pedal I listened while I changed the temp and its not the one clicking. Its def one of the awesome ones located behind the glove box area. Damn. Thanks for the help so far.

MrMike2010

Reaction score
I just did a little testing and found out a few things

The one by the go pedal adjusts between defrost and vents

The one behind the glovebox adjusts temp on passenger side

The one I didn't get to test is the one behind the radio and I assume this controls the driver side temp.

I'll probably pull the dash apart this weekend and confirm all this along with getting the part numbers for future reference for others.

bigugly78cj5

Reaction score
assuming it is the left hand(drivers side) actuator making the noise......that one is a bitch.... it requires dash and evaporator case removal... its located on the bottom of the hvac case. under the foot/floor duct...its not terrible but just removing the dash is only part of the job....The RH actuator and air inlet door is behind the glove box...and the mode door is by the pedal...

BBottoms

Reaction score
Is it possible to change the pass side one without removing the dash? Mine needs replaced but its not causing enough of an issue yet to make me spend a weekend fixing it.

MrMike2010

Reaction score
Well now since I have come to the conclusion the dash needs to be pulled, anyone have any advice or how-to? I'm sure it's not that bad of a job but any shortcuts will help keep the time down.

Tree Trimmer

Reaction score
look at the pics in that link i posted.

the dash does not have to come out, just some pieces.

pa-powerstroke

Reaction score
In my truck I just dont use the a/c or heat, or lights, or interior lights, or four wheel drive, or adjust my seat, or touch the horn, I just dont want anything to break.....

907DAVE

Reaction score
In my truck I just dont use the a/c or heat, or lights, or interior lights, or four wheel drive, or adjust my seat, or touch the horn, I just dont want anything to break.....

You really should use that stuff when you can, you are really not helping anything by not.

bigugly78cj5

Reaction score
just so u know, that easy actuator by the pedal is not your temp actuator, dont want u to waste money buying it...unless you put your hand on it and you can feel it ticking, that is not your problem. the drivers side temp actuator is on the bottom of the case. its close to that actuator so u might feel some ticking, but not very strong.

Latest posts

Members online