Brand new 6.7 F350 in Oregon

fishinmachine

Reaction score
So I traded my 2008 F350 6.4 in on a brand spanking new 2014 F350 6.7 today. This was not a planned trade. While taking my family camping last weekend my 6.4 got dead at 65 mph fully loaded down hill and left me stranded. We got it towed to the dealer who has serviced it its entire life. Today I found out that the high pressure fuel pump had suffered the internal short. There were a bunch of other codes, 5 or 6 more, that were thrown. Ford told dealer that there was a chance they were because of the HPFP, but not 100% sure. $5k just to get into it, with an open door to possibly go more. Bummer thing is that it had 101,000 miles and was paid off. Ford said tough cookies. Owner of dealership tried to get Ford to help out but no luck.

We got a decent enough trade in on the 6.4 that had been plauged with minor issues its entire life and some of the added safety features made it worth while for us to bite the bullet on the new one. So hopefully its not a repeat of the old one.

Lots of great information here, been reading it since 2008 when I got my 6.4, thought I had a username but I didn't, so now I do!

-fish

fishinmachine

Reaction score
I'm in the Willamette Valley. I will try to get a pic up in the next day or so. Thanks for the welcome. So many new things on this pickup to play with and learn!

uw mitch

Reaction score
Welcome from Banks.

Sorry ti year your 6.4 bit the dust but the new one is probably pretty nice!

Sent from my SGH-T769 using Tapatalk 2

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Welcome sir! We are just over in Aurora, OR. Would love to see the truck and meet you in person! Feel free to stop by anytime.

Welcome to the site by the way!

fishinmachine

Reaction score
I will get a picture if I ever have it while its light out! I had to pry it away from my wife just so I could drive it to work and right now its back at the dealer getting the running boards swapped.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 with Tapatalk 2

fishinmachine

Reaction score
In all her glory! Just finished putting in the Husky floor mats.

ynynu6um.jpg

Sent from my Galaxy S4 with Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.