brute66 vs 38r vs poorboy

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
for all the 1.15ar haters... the results that where posted for the public to see on the housing swap says that there was ZERO tuning changes.. that may be a factor also.. i wouldn't completely rule it out myself..

bruce, what in the mother ***in hell where you doing to trash a 38r in 15k?

i have beat the ever living piss out of mine in over 100000 miles and its still rocking strong... in know a few guys who have sprayed the piss out of them with a ton of track passes on them!

bruce

Reaction score
idk, i was runnin 160/100's with it. the truck sit for almost 2 years while i was in basic trainin and then deployed. it started actin funny like it would fall on its face when it shifted, but by then i had bought a modded h2e set up so i decided to sell it. I sent it to a reputable turbo shop to check it out because i didn't want to rip anyone off and they said the bearings were shot, the shaft was bent and compressor wheel had scrubbed the housing and i don't think he would lie. so i sold it to them as a core basically for the exhaust housing.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
idk, i was runnin 160/100's with it. the truck sit for almost 2 years while i was in basic trainin and then deployed. it started actin funny like it would fall on its face when it shifted, but by then i had bought a modded h2e set up so i decided to sell it. I sent it to a reputable turbo shop to check it out because i didn't want to rip anyone off and they said the bearings were shot, the shaft was bent and compressor wheel had scrubbed the housing and i don't think he would lie. so i sold it to them as a core basically for the exhaust housing.

man, id have a hard time believing that!

ghohouston

Reaction score

Must have gotten a fluke or they lied... I bought my 38r used, dont rememberileage, but had at least 20k on it, and I went on to put over another 20k on it with 238/100's without a problem. I was nice and left it on the truck when I traded for the jetta I have, and still talk to the guy I traded regularly, and he is still running it with no problems.

Latest posts

Members online