Budget Regulated Return (Fuel Rail Crossover)

dirtboy25

Reaction score
What do you guys think about this product. I have yet to see any discussions on this and thought it could use one for the people on a budget that want to improve their trucks without having to spend the money for a full RR or a fuel bowl delete.

I'll admit, I bought the original version when I had my 01 7.3 and I believe it made a bit of a difference in idle and noise. I would like to think it has to be better than stock but how much better is a full RR compared to this?

DFA used to have a setup similar to this but IIRC they are no longer in business and this is the only thing out there that I know of like this.

FRx.png

We are now shipping our 2nd Generation FRx System that utilizes Parker® 304 Stainless Steel Braided lines. You also have the option up upgrading to the 2nd Generation FRx for only $100. Just click the option above, we will ship you the new 2nd Gen FRx and when you return the original we refund the difference.

The FRx was made to solve the 'deadhead' fuel rail issue on the 99-03 Powerstroke engine by connecting the two heads and allowing a metered return you allow the air another return path, rather than forcing it through your injectors. This product was designed to eliminate the need to cut your return line and use compression fittings, so that it is a true bolt on system. We have also machined the FRx block to provide from stock to 72 psi of fuel pressure depending on which spring you choose to install it with. By using our kit and eliminating the air in the fuel system you will experience smoother, quieter idle, less cackle, and better throttle response among other things. You will also be increasing your injector life as well.

You can also select the option for protective covers to be installed to prevent chaffing of engine components but don't want to provide your own. These covers are also great if you want to keep the system looking OE and not draw attention to it once installed. We are making this an option, and not stantard, because some people would rather have the SS braided look in their engine bay.

Included:
- FRx System
- 3 Springs for adjusting Fuel Pressure
- Viton O-ring
- Parker® Fuel Sleeve
- 2 screws
- Instructions

Techical Info:
- Exceeds SAE 100R14A
- Temperature Rated -100˚F to +450˚F
- Max. Working Pressure 3000 psi
- Minimum Burst Pressure 12000 psi

Fuel pressure spring settings

55-60 psi silver spring
61-65 psi gold spring
66-72 psi black spring

Reaction score
IMO its great for a grocery getter that doesn't tow or raise hell ...a good tune on a stock injected truck can run the injector's out of fuel..id spend the little extra just so I know I'm getting more fuel to keep them happy...I also like the fact the regulator is making sure the heads are up to PSI... I could care less what the bowl has...

powerchoker

Reaction score
IMO its great for a grocery getter that doesn't tow or raise hell ...a good tune on a stock injected truck can run the injector's out of fuel..id spend the little extra just so I know I'm getting more fuel to keep them happy...I also like the fact the regulator is making sure the heads are up to PSI... I could care less what the bowl has...

:whs: It works great, and is well made.

Only thing is regulated return and larger feed lines are two different subjects.

If you want to run the frx you could always add any size feed lines you want later on if you get larger than Stage 2 injectors. You could get gold plated lines and you still wouldn't have invested what many companies want for their "full" return systems.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
I have it on my truck now.... biggest benefit is it lets the air bypass the injectors instead of pushing it threw the injectors... and prolly not talked to much about cuz riffraff is not a sponsor.

texas_stroker

Reaction score
i just ordered one my self aswell a new pump. will be installing this weekend. my thing is now how can you check head pressureif you use the othher 2 ports. that way i can see if it made a diff

dirtboy25

Reaction score
and prolly not talked to much about cuz riffraff is not a sponsor.

That's why I didn't mention them. :poke: But on the other hand, no sponsors offer a setup like this.

i just ordered one my self aswell a new pump. will be installing this weekend. my thing is now how can you check head pressureif you use the othher 2 ports. that way i can see if it made a diff

If you really wanted to check the fuel pressure you could always put a "T" in the line wherever it would fit. If you had a fuel pressure gauge in the cab i'd try and place the T in the back of the drivers side head.

dustinz85

Reaction score
imo you can order piece parts from summit racing and make your own RR for about 178 dollars (not including a regulator) im in the process of doing this for my truck and a possible how to thread if ppl are interested.. but like said before this is good for someone on stock sticks or slightly bigger looking to make sure no air is sitting in the dead head. Also, iirc they offer three springs with this kit that will raise your fuel pressure to around 70 with the stiffest spring. I may be a little off on that number thou.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
imo you can order piece parts from summit racing and make your own RR for about 178 dollars (not including a regulator) im in the process of doing this for my truck and a possible how to thread if ppl are interested.. but like said before this is good for someone on stock sticks or slightly bigger looking to make sure no air is sitting in the dead head. Also, iirc they offer three springs with this kit that will raise your fuel pressure to around 70 with the stiffest spring. I may be a little off on that number thou.

regulator is another hundy aint it?

Reaction score
on ebay fuellab reg. 51502-c $150 to your door
...I think Dave at DI is running a damn good deal on his full RR kit till the first of April...his hoses do not burn kink or chafe...you can wire tie them suckers right to the exhaust manifolds and not ever worry..that's what sold me on that kit...

Last edited:

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I can tell you how to make one of those, or I can get you an awesome deal on a real regulated return...

Just saying. The option is there. That's a good bit of money to spend on something that can be done easily.

PWRstroke_smoke

Reaction score
I just ordered on of these, I have heard nothing but good things from a couple friends that run it. And I have read a lot of good things.
Its no full rr setup but it should work great for my DD application, stage 1's, 38r, chip intake & exhaust.
I can take pics and post up an install thread for anyone who is interested in getting one.

Latest posts

Members online