Buying new ford... maybe chevy

CDUBYA

Reaction score
Realizing that this is the powerstroke forum I know we are pro ford! But within the next couple days I am picking up either a 16 Ford or GMC/Chevy.

I honestly like them both a lot. I want to like the ford more! If I could hold out and get a 17 for the price of a 16 I would for sure go ford, but that isn't an option right now.

So.... what are your guys thoughts on the comparison, is there a major pro over chevy that I am missing?

Also, I realize this topic has probably been discussed a million times but I am maybe looking to hear from someone who currently has both or has had both? I have had both and I like them each for their own qualities. I like how the ford tows a little better. I like GMC exterior more (2016). Like the Ford interior more. Like the lifted ford look more, but like the Chevy ride better. haha.

Any thoughts from anyone would help me out. Thank you

mfoltz

Reaction score
If I was you it would either be a 17 ford or a 16 chevy. I like the look of the duramax more than the current superduty but the for is built more like a truck. If I was you I would wait for the 17 or ho with duramax. Just my opinion I'm sure some will be all about ford which makes we are on a powerstroke forum lol.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The gm trucks are nice. Especially the 15+.

If you drive it only on pavementn what difference does it make.

Notneb

Reaction score
They're all the same, get whatever you think you can live with. A forum is the last place I'd ask about a decision I would be the only one living with for awhile. Just cuz someone on here likes something, doesn't mean you will. Would you ask someone on here who to marry?

TyCorr

Reaction score
They're all the same, get whatever you think you can live with. A forum is the last place I'd ask about a decision I would be the only one living with for awhile. Just cuz someone on here likes something, doesn't mean you will. Would you ask someone on here who to marry?

Yes. To all of it.

I mean really. Go drive both. If you tow a trailer with them, take it with. If its good its good.

We're getting to the point they are all excellent right off the showroom floor.

sootie

Reaction score
To me it comes down to size, and the feel of independent front suspension. The GM trucks are good, I just have a stupid bruise on my knee from every time I jump out of the Denali HD. The cabs are too small and my head also hits the roof on big bumps. I can't handle the major difference in suspension feel from the front to the back. The front is like a marshmallow and the back is a rock. Maybe they are 'like a rock" for a reason lol. Seriously, the ford feels like a better truck to me but if you are a small guy, you may love the GM just as much.

bhudson

Reaction score
I've drove all 3 at some point (Ford, Chevy and dodge). To me ford is the better truck which is why I've had several of them now.

BK39

Reaction score
Comparing my buddies 2015 Denali to my Platinum, his truck is nice. Really nice. I'm glad ford made the changes they did for 17, or I'd probably be looking at a Denali for my next purchase.

TyCorr

Reaction score
To me it comes down to size, and the feel of independent front suspension. The GM trucks are good, I just have a stupid bruise on my knee from every time I jump out of the Denali HD. The cabs are too small and my head also hits the roof on big bumps. I can't handle the major difference in suspension feel from the front to the back. The front is like a marshmallow and the back is a rock. Maybe they are 'like a rock" for a reason lol. Seriously, the ford feels like a better truck to me but if you are a small guy, you may love the GM just as much.

Mine the rear suspension was always too soft. Last one i got a 3500 srw. It was on the bumpstops just from my tools. But it didnt drop any further with the trailer lol

TyCorr

Reaction score
Comparing my buddies 2015 Denali to my Platinum, his truck is nice. Really nice. I'm glad ford made the changes they did for 17, or I'd probably be looking at a Denali for my next purchase.

I love the denali but id get a cclb high country.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Chevy if it's a grocery getter. Ford if you're gonna work it.

Chevy is cheaper, but it only really shows on the interior quality.

JRLott

Reaction score
Chevy is cheaper? They weren't when I was looking and that hasn't changed that I've seen. Comparable Chevy was 5-10k more than the Ford.

Notneb

Reaction score
Chevy if it's a grocery getter. Ford if you're gonna work it.

Chevy is cheaper, but it only really shows on the interior quality.

Making it bold doesn't make your opinion a fact. Step inside a new Denali before you get on here spouting the usual brand loyalty.

OP honestly the only difference is IFS or straight axle. The rest is preference. They're all the same these days, test drive and pick the one you like.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Chevy is cheaper? They weren't when I was looking and that hasn't changed that I've seen. Comparable Chevy was 5-10k more than the Ford.

Exact opposite here, You can get equally an outfitted Chevy for about 10k less than a Super Duty here.

Making it bold doesn't make your opinion a fact. Step inside a new Denali before you get on here spouting the usual brand loyalty.

OP honestly the only difference is IFS or straight axle. The rest is preference. They're all the same these days, test drive and pick the one you like.

I have yet to step into any GM product and be impressed by the interior, they all seem cheap. You must be a Chevy fanboy to have taken my experience/opinion so personally, lol

And FTR, I've owned all 3. I'd own a Chevy if I couldn't get a Ford. I like them. IMO they just aren't as nice as a Ford if you work them.

And Dodge sucks.

Notneb

Reaction score
Exact opposite here, You can get equally an outfitted Chevy for about 10k less than a Super Duty here.

I have yet to step into any GM product and be impressed by the interior, they all seem cheap. You must be a Chevy fanboy to have taken my experience/opinion so personally, lol

And FTR, I've owned all 3. I'd own a Chevy if I couldn't get a Ford. I like them. IMO they just aren't as nice as a Ford if you work them.

And Dodge sucks.

Not at all, I've never owned a Chevy I liked, but saying its a grocery getter is just dumb. I don't take anything personal on here, nice try though. I'm saying your comment on interiors is hilarious as they're the same. Ford uses just as much plastic and cheap parts as Chevy, your comment is one out of personal preference is all. THAT is what I'm trying to tell the OP, is that all this thread is good for is everyone ELSE telling him what they THINK he should like.

As far as the fanboy comment, you obviously don't read previous posts where I said not to buy into the fanboy crap. But hey whatever helps you sleep at night!

mustardbucket107

Reaction score
Buy what u can get the best deal on. I miss my duramax, but the Ford definitely pulls better as I went from 2500 ccsb to a f350cclb. Ford pros to me are the Def fill spot is much easier, bigger cab, better tranny (shifts are smoother, more predictable), leveled still rides decent, not so much on a leveled chev
Cons ford- pita fuel filters/ oil changes, duramax has a better track record with me (my last 6.0 had a lot of issues while my duramax went to 200k with no major issues)

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Notneb

Reaction score
Guys, OP is not asking about Ford vs Chevy. He asked about 2016 Duramax vs 6.7 Powerstroke. Stating: Oh my 6.0 crapped out after 2 miles and my LB7 lasted bla bla bla, doesn't help him at all.

Latest posts

Members online