CAI

cooper09250

Reaction score
Hello All
Just joined this forum but this is my 4 PSD and member on org. Quick question what CAI is the best and is it of any benefit?
My 6.4 had an AFe
Thx
Dave

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
S&B with the paper element is the best for balance of fit and function IMO. the AFE is very nice also, just a little more cumbersome during install. the main thing to factor is if you are still running with the DPF intact is to use a paper element to help prevent excessive regenerations

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
yeah , its juts silcon design takes a while. once drawing is finalized, which isnt easy, then you have one prototype made, then approve and go into production. wish i woulda started sooner, cuz i want one for myself.
that's ok I'll wait til next week for mine!! LOL just giving you a hard time but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. hopefully people do not go for instant gratification and hold out for this kit!

CWAY6.7

Reaction score
Has anyone here removed the air box reservoir muffler thing from the stock intake tube or know how to do it?

donniesd

Reaction score
I have the aFe 51-11872. I love it. Felt some more power and you can here the turbo now.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
S&B with the paper element is the best for balance of fit and function IMO. the AFE is very nice also, just a little more cumbersome during install. the main thing to factor is if you are still running with the DPF intact is to use a paper element to help prevent excessive regenerations

whats the air flow of the stock box and filter and the flow of the paper s&b? im new to the egr/dpf/def crap so forgive me, but what does it have to do with the regeneration?

live life full throttle

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
foreign materials will load the dpf prematurely and I do not know the actual cfm flow numbers on the OE filter. I will try to research it for you

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
foreign materials will load the dpf prematurely and I do not know the actual cfm flow numbers on the OE filter. I will try to research it for you

no need to. the OEM filter fows VERY well. i dont think there are much, if any power gains or EGT drop with the currently available kits. just my opinion.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
no need to. the OEM filter fows VERY well. i dont think there are much, if any power gains or EGT drop with the currently available kits. just my opinion.

no chit, really? yours isnt currently available, so does that mean it will be better???

live life full throttle

POWER-STRUCK

Reaction score
mike knows what he is talking about, hold out for his kit! I do not personally own a 6.7 but when his kit comes available I WILL buy his system.

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
no chit, really? yours isnt currently available, so does that mean it will be better???

live life full throttle

only testing will tell. but the filter i plan to use will be twice the size of whats currently available, so theoretically it should cool and breath better. everything i said was my own opinion and NOT fact.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
only testing will tell. but the filter i plan to use will be twice the size of whats currently available, so theoretically it should cool and breath better. everything i said was my own opinion and NOT fact.

sweet! thank you sir!

and yes, i know its not a fact yet..

powerstruck, thank you too sir!

live life full throttle

Latest posts

Members online