Calling all ford techs, need some info,anyone

akfiremedic

Reaction score
Hey gang, just purchased a 2003 F350 CCLB SRW Lariat with the 6.0L and 5spd auto. I am trying to find out some history on this truck and a little specific info on a known repair. The dealers here are quoting privacy laws and not releasing the Oasis report to me. Just telling me general stuff from the history like " oh normal 6.0L small stuff, looks good". Well, I don't buy it and since I own the thing I want to know.

So to start, can some one get the history for me VIN# 1FTSW31PX3EC73636. Thanks in advance!!!!

Next, the co-worker I purchased it from did have some partial paperwork he was able to obtain when he got the truck at auction from the dealer (funny story there ). My interest is in the repair made most recently. I will quote verbatim from the report.

"RO date 10/10/2012 mileage 213827
Customer complaint - customer states the vehicle cranks but will not start. CK and verify concern, has no ICP, found aftermarket oil filter and cap allowing oil to back drain, start with new cap and filter, no is achieving ICP but only 35psi, need to tear down and inspect H , P oil system.

Correction - teardown to pump and found to have rear plug on pump blown out, also found ICP sensor leaking through connector and harness, replace pump, ICP sensor and connector, reassemble engine and try and assemble most of the customers removed parts, has misc bolts and nuts and tools left under hood and in vehicle, engine starts and runs, retest ok at this time."

My questions are:

1. Is the plug blow out on the pump a direct result of the non-factory oil filter not correctly sealing and allowing drain back or is there more to look for?

2.At the time of the repair and the pump being replaced (excuse the newbness) would it be common practice for the tech to replace the screen with the upgraded metal ( I think I read about a steel screen being used - not just aftermarket) screen?

3. Would there have been anything done about the oil cooler at this time as part of the entire repair?

So as you can see the truck had an issue, the moron thought he could tackle it himself but failed, turned it in to the dealer to fix (techs worst nightmare) then the funny part. Jackwagon gets himself thrown in jail for child charges (his name was on the mechanics lien letter and google is AMAZING!) Can't pay the bill and truck goes to auction.

The truck runs great right now, has a K&N intake and 4" exhaust, no tuner which I will remedy simply to keep an eye on ECT and EOT among other things.

I hope someone can give me a little insight into this
Apologize for the long post but I wanted to be as specific as possible in order to get the best responses.

Jack

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk HD

suprdzlduty

Reaction score
No, no, and no. If it was done it would've been stated in the work order. Ford doesn't go the extra mile and the screen you refer to is under the oil cooler...different area...close but different. Best bet is to monitor your ect, eot temps and go from there.

akfiremedic

Reaction score
No, no, and no. If it was done it would've been stated in the work order. Ford doesn't go the extra mile and the screen you refer to is under the oil cooler...different area...close but different. Best bet is to monitor your ect, eot temps and go from there.

Thanks for the info, still learning the geography of this motor. I didn't have my hopes up on the screen and how far the repair would have taken them into it. I'm purchasing monitoring equipment ASAP.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Agreed on all accounts, no no and no.

However they were right to start with a new oil cap and filter, only use OEM filters going forward. That goes for oil and fuel filters. You can also get from International a little cheaper (same filters).

I would get some gauges on it and monitor EOT and ECT to check the health of the oil cooler though.

There's a few guys on the powerstroke facebook page that can run that VIN for you and get you the Oasis quickly. I'm sure someone here can do it too, but you might have to wait a few days.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Actually not really anything worth reporting... your HPOP replacement was there, 2 injectors replaced on a road trip by a non Ford place it looks like, then one replaced again when it got back to Ford (customer must have called to tell them and informed them they would bring it in once back from road trip), turbo replaced at some point for issues with that and it got a new pedestal because they had to torch one of the bolts out... other than that it's pretty clean man. Most of the work was done at Bob Lowth Ford, recent one was Houston Ford?

Last edited:

Mdub707

Reaction score
Shoot me a PM with your email and I'll send you the whole thing. Couple other minor things. Mostly flashes and a negative terminal replaced for corrosion... silly stuff.

akfiremedic

Reaction score
Thanks for that!! I pm'd you with an email addy. For a 200k mileage, fifth wheel set up and 6"lift that's pretty low on the repairs. I expected more. I already knew it had not been studded by the looking but I really thought it would have been in for hg, egr cooler, oil cooler or at least some trans stuff. Cool.
The hpop was done at Kendall Ford in Wasilla, AK. (you know Sara Palins hometown. lol)

Last edited:

akfiremedic

Reaction score
Here's a pic just for grins. It didn't have the 37's on it when I got it. It had miss matched shoes on stock wheels. Looks way better now.
bazutunu.jpg

akfiremedic

Reaction score
Finally got a gauge package to look over some things. The good- FICM is solid at 48. Double checked with a meter as well. The trans temps are good and the shift pattern is correct. Batt volts are steady at 13.5-14v.
The bad- it seems my thermostat is bad or someone put in a low temp. It never got over 183*F during all driving. I'll have to pull it and stove pot check it. Then during the same driving test the EOT climbed to 223*F. Looks like I'll start planning to do that. Kinda figured I would do it any way. It needs an EGR delete too. Good to know in advance.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.