Can the stock pump maintain 30% nozzles?

Dustball8504

Reaction score
Just wondering if rail pressure can be maintained with 30% over nozzles? My truck with the batmowheel cleans up the XRace pretty well so I'm thinking I could benefit from some more fuel. What are your thoughts on this?

O2ShootTheJ

Reaction score
Caleb rennekamp is running elite 60s with just the airdog upgrade kit so I think so.

Im wondering if the elite nodded hpfp can do 85s or if I should go with mpds 30%

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

Jeff@Spartan

Reaction score
Depends on what 30% nozzles are. I know it has been proven that 60's will work with ported fuel rails and the complete Air Dog kit or Elite's low pressure system. I guess 30% would be 60 HP nozzles?

Dzchey21

Reaction score
yes jeff same same.

A stock pump with an air dog and a ported fitting on the pump SHOULD maintain, but thats asking alot of your stock pump. Meaning if its got some miles, or wear it may not, and it wont forever. But i would sure try it

White_monster

Reaction score
I'm running the stock pump and 60's right now. it has 60,000miles on it and no issues. maintains rail pressure on xstreet. For how long who knows thou. I'll be putting a new pump in when I build my new engine just to be sure.

Erikclaw

Reaction score
There are other tunes other than ex race?? I would be curious to see if it did keep up in the big tune.

White_monster

Reaction score
Sub'd for results, would be nice to find a nozzle that didnt require much fuel system upgrades

Well it's proven the stock pump with some sort of low pressure pump can maintain rail pressure on a 1.9ms pulse width, thats what my street is reading and I don't have any other tunes to try with. I'll try the xrace tune but I'm not going to run it for any length of time. Honestly if you have anything less than tow powers, or equivelent turbo setup, a larger pulse width with different timing is going to be smokey, not insanely smokey but not clean, a batmo wheel is going to clean things up a bit I'm sure but you still need more air. Either way I'll post what rail pressure is with the bigger tune since people want to know, I will not be saying your pump will last any length of time due to the pump being max'd out on the duty cycle at WOT.

Heavyhaul

Reaction score
I'll try to find time tomorrow to try it. I'll post what happens if I get time. Someone with my number send me a text to remind me cause I might forget.

Text coming your way tomorrow. This will be interesting its been talked about a couple of times.

Latest posts

Members online