Can This Be Done....

Cat_rebel

Reaction score
k3-675x425.jpg

Side note, those tires are about useless for anything other then a smooth dry road on a 80* day with a low HP truck. Need A/T drive tires instead of steers.

jngreen

Reaction score
trey1.jpg

Not going to look too hot without flares, but I bet it'd look badass with 2011 flares on a short bed...

http://www.americanforcewheels.com/image/cache/data/Gallery Trucks/Super Single/k4-675x425.jpg

1997 Ford F250
22.5X9.0 CLASSIC SUPER SINGLE WHEELS
255/70-22.5 ALL POSITION TIRES
4'' LIFT KIT

To me, they don't look like they are as rounded as the front wheel of the red dually. It could be the angle of the photo. I guess that doesn't mean that they arent "drw fronts," whatever that means. Usually the front wheels on a dually or semi are the exact same wheel as the rear, that way you can use the same wheel on any axle you want, which is nice when you have to replace a blown tire. You can also carry one spare that way.
The wheels on the obs don't look like they could be paired in the rear of a dually without putting a spacer between them.

Those wheels look like skinny super singles to me, but maybe the skinny super single wheels were originally designed for the front of drw trucks that run super singles on the rear:shrug:. I see a lot of floater super singles on the front of dump trucks or on the rear of semi's or trailers, but they are not as common as the standard 10 lug wheel that fits any axle you want to put them on.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that they don't look like standard dually wheels or semi truck wheels. I think if they were, it would look really goofy on a srw truck with the wheels all bowed in.

Last edited:

FORD7.3

Reaction score
There are many super single wheels out there.. some 11.75 wide some 13 some 14+ and there's the offset some are inset options some are outset options. Some for steer some for drive and some with a mid set for pup trailers which can also run inset drive application wheels.. hub piloted and stud piloted needs to be taken into account as well being as that changed offset and width as well...

FORD7.3

Reaction score
And steer wheels non SS have varying widths depending on tire size and wheel size on the vehicle...

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
To me, they don't look like they are as rounded as the front wheel of the red dually. It could be the angle of the photo. I guess that doesn't mean that they arent "drw fronts," whatever that means. Usually the front wheels on a dually or semi are the exact same wheel as the rear, that way you can use the same wheel on any axle you want, which is nice when you have to replace a blown tire. You can also carry one spare that way.
The wheels on the obs don't look like they could be paired in the rear of a dually without putting a spacer between them.

Those wheels look like skinny super singles to me, but maybe the skinny super single wheels were originally designed for the front of drw trucks that run super singles on the rear:shrug:. I see a lot of floater super singles on the front of dump trucks or on the rear of semi's or trailers, but they are not as common as the standard 10 lug wheel that fits any axle you want to put them on.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, that they don't look like standard dually wheels or semi truck wheels. I think if they were, it would look really goofy on a srw truck with the wheels all bowed in.

They're more common on dump trucks and lighter stuff from what I've seen. As you said, fronts are just rears turned around... Those look better because they have a "lip".

mack-dump-truck.jpg

wetnsloppy4x

Reaction score
Yea that truck is/was Adam's @ FCDP. It was a 22.5 swap IIRC. I believe he had to do some trimming to get those meats under there.

trey3.jpg

trey1.jpg

Not going to look too hot without flares, but I bet it'd look badass with 2011 flares on a short bed...

Charles

Reaction score
I think the alure of a dually for stability is largely just hype. The suspension and tires themselves determine 9/10ths of the stability. Hanging another tire out there doesn't mean a whole lot, except redundancy.

And if you're talking about running a large single, then what's the need for a different axle or anything to do with a dually? Throw a nice tire on the truck and you're there.

The added stability of a "dually" is a joke. Our F-350 dually is a floppy pile of fail compared to my SRW F-250.

jngreen

Reaction score
They're more common on dump trucks and lighter stuff from what I've seen. As you said, fronts are just rears turned around... Those look better because they have a "lip".

mack-dump-truck.jpg

The front wheels on that dump truck (or the two trucks I posted above) can't be flipped to be ran as dual on the rear. They are true super singles, thats all that I am trying to say.

El chupacabra

Reaction score
Those rears from the pickup with the fronts from the dump with some top hats on the rear dog dishes on front and 4"spike point lugnut covers. Thats what im talkin about.

JAP

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
The front wheels on that dump truck (or the two trucks I posted above) can't be flipped to be ran as dual on the rear. They are true super singles, thats all that I am trying to say.

I see what you're saying. My bad.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I think the super singles are sick.... but I think they look goofy with the pizza cutters in the front, JMO.

Hotrodtractor

Reaction score
With some fab work you can tuck a super single under a SRW bedside. You just need to relocate the springs and hangers to the inside of the frame, then get a deep positive offset rim that allows the tire to tuck in over the brakes and get closer to the frame. If you want to go with a Dana 80 rear, I suggest you use one out of a cab and chassis truck because those are narrower than what was found in a standard pickup truck dually.

If memory serves me this Ford has duals tucked under the bedside pretty good, but the video view of it is so so. Calm down its an inline 6 under the hood. LOL

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Latest posts

Members online