Carb monkey needs help with 6.0?!

BcrazyTH

Reaction score
Hi guys,

We took Bill's pick-up out again after work today and data logged what is going on.

I have attached an Excel file with:
Engine RPM
ICP PSI
ICP Volts
IPR %
FICM Volts

I was caught off guard as I was setting up the sensors when it started acting up and wasn't able to select the FICM Sync sensor. I just hit record so I could get some hard data to share. from the start of the data log until right around line 221 is the pick-up acting up. After line 221 is when it started to smooth out and run correctly.

Let us know what you think.

Attachments

• 20150407 6.0 Datalog.xls
    76.5 KB · Views: 33

wrwarnerhall

Reaction score
Thanks Ben!

As Ben mentioned above, we went on another test drive. What he forgot to mention was that we cleared the codes before the test drive/data log. Once we finished the test drive these are the codes that showed themselves.

ce09249563623a49a5727ead589c4b4e.jpg

wrwarnerhall

Reaction score
So, anyone out there have a clue as to where to start looking? Seems this Ford had a lack of maintaining by the previous owners.

wrwarnerhall

Reaction score
Alright, plan is. A cam and crank sensor when I do my PS pump. Then clear codes and see what happens. Any objections?

Reaction score
I've run into this before. I chased it down to a power loss on one of the ECM ignition circuits but I could never find the break in the wire. Would throw cam/crank sensor codes and shut off. Always started right back up. Would sometimes go a month without doing it again. It was a fire truck at the end of it's service life anyway so it got replaced with a new truck.

wrwarnerhall

Reaction score
Would factory injectors on one bank and 155cc injectors on another cause this issue? It's a possibility the dealership installed 135cc injectors when they did the injectors. I need to call. I did inform them I had 155cc. But that may have gone in one ear and out the other.

Irontx

Reaction score
Would factory injectors on one bank and 155cc injectors on another cause this issue? It's a possibility the dealership installed 135cc injectors when they did the injectors. I need to call. I did inform them I had 155cc. But that may have gone in one ear and out the other.

Surely they wouldnt!!!!!!
Your saying you KNOW the dealer installed new injectors????

wrwarnerhall

Reaction score
Oh yeah I had an issue with it hydro locking with diesel. Injector seals were bad. On one bank. 3 out of the 4 wouldn't come out. They had to damage the injectors to get them out. Something about carbon build up around the injector because the o rings were shot.

Latest posts

Members online