Carli air bags

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Maybe someone on here can give me a heads up here I'm installing my carli 4.5 pintop and I have a B&W turnover ball installed already which caused me to add a drop bracket to lower my exhaust a little and now I'm wondering if by lowering my exhaust will that cause me clearance issues when installing the bags?

Notneb

Reaction score
Did you email Carli, they'd know for sure, they helped me a lot during my install.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I did but I got back a generic it might give you some trouble answer it looks like it might be alright but then again not sure until I get that far just wondering if anyone else has had any experiences with it

Notneb

Reaction score
Gotcha, I doubt they will just because where they install shouldn't be anywhere near the exhaust. I have ready lifts on mine and the exhaust is nowhere near them, so unless Carli bags go on the inside of the frame...

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Well I have the turnover ball hitch and when I installed that it required me to drop the exhaust a few inches and the Carli bags bolt up to the frame at the stock bump stop location

WHY NOT

Reaction score
One thing I would suggest is instilling them and if they don't have enough clearance I would take the drop bracket out of the exhaust and try clocking the exhaust a different way. If that doesn't work use ball pin hammer to make a little dent in the exhaust for some clearance. I am surprised you had clearance issues with the exhaust really. I run firestone bags and a B&W hitch and I run a 5" exhaust and it clears everything.

Arconalloy

Reaction score
I have to get some longer grade 8 hardware once things open back up after Thanksgiving the ones carli sent to me are too short to make it all the way through the frame and the hitch plate. I sure hope they work that's one of the new perks I was looking forward to the most

Arconalloy

Reaction score
Just a quick update for those who might need this one day the Carli bags ended up working out just fine with some longer hardware. With the exhaust dropped because of the hitch the passenger side bag and heat shield is a tight fit but it all functioning as it should and looks great

Latest posts

Members online