Carli commuter 2.0

TexAg56

Reaction score
Yall are making me want to try lol. The thing that really got me nervous is when people start talking about angles and needing shims. I wouldn't even know what to look for. Would this kit require making adjustments or is it as simple as putting the kit on the truck and you're done? Did you do yours alone JR or with help?

TexAg56

Reaction score
castor correction cams, adjusting the track bar, replacing the brake lines. The 3 parts to the kit that I would be worried about. Like yall said im sure its very simple, I just have never messed with any of that stuff before. Maybe Ill get the balls and try it cause I would actually love to do this myself, I just don't want want the outcome to be anything less than perfect on my brand new truck lol

JRLott

Reaction score
I did mine alone.
Let the alignment shop jack with the cams for $90-$100 when they align it. I never did get my old truck aligned...didn't even center the steering wheel. Should have? Yes. I just never got it done. It never drove different or wore the front tires any different in over 80,000 miles with the leveling kit. I haven't gotten my current truck aligned yet. No way I get that lucky twice.
I put in a Ready Lift track bar bracket, so I can't help,with removing & installing the other end of the bar. Adjusting is as simple as loosening the proper bolts adjusting, measuring, adjusting, repeat. Just like centering the steering wheel.
Brake line replacement isn't bad either...until you have to bleed. Then it's a pain, but there are kits that make this stupid easy. If you are getting the 2.5" kit, it may come with brake line relocation tabs. No bleeding necessary. Disregard. I see that kit comes with new lines. Still no worries. I did my 2005 brake lines myself. Wasn't bad. I haven't replaced my 2015 brake lines...I'm being lazy and cheap.

Last edited:

Notneb

Reaction score
This is for the leveling kit so your brake lines don't need replacing. After you put the lift on, take it to an alignment shop, and give them your shims, they'll set caster when they align it.

My brake lines are stock, and I've bottomed out my shocks, and still didn't stretch/damage the lines...

Honestly this is a very easy process, unless you get full rear leaf packs, then it's a pita. Who knows, you might find you've got some mechanical talent after all!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.