CCV catch can

gman1

Reaction score
Unless I am looking at that wrong, it only has a 3/8" inlet and outlet? I would be concerned it wouldn't flow enough....but ah knows:doh:

You are looking at it right. 3/8'' is a little to small even if it does get hooked back up to the intake. Nice idea though.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
Here is my CCV catch can setup...

2864a1ae.jpg

08BIGRIG

Reaction score
Mishimoto does make a catch can that has big enough ports. It is the one with the breather filter built into the top of the can

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Y is everybody worried about catch cans? Im not trying to be a dick. I have the MPD setup vented to atmosphere and i get no mess. I get a quarter sized drop of oil after a long trip on the ground when its parked. My undercarriage of my truck is clean. Only oil is from my trans leak. Not much.

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Y is everybody worried about catch cans? Im not trying to be a dick. I have the MPD setup vented to atmosphere and i get no mess. I get a quarter sized drop of oil after a long trip on the ground when its parked. My undercarriage of my truck is clean. Only oil is from my trans leak. Not much.

I agree. My last 2 trucks have been vented to the atmo for approx. 275k miles without any problems. It does smoke when its hot in the summer though.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score

Because after a while, people get sick of the haze coming from underneath the truck. Not to mention the funny looks you get.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
I agree. My last 2 trucks have been vented to the atmo for approx. 275k miles without any problems. It does smoke when its hot in the summer though.

My truck smokes less from the vent after this past build. It used to smoke heavy but i barely get anything now i love it. Its weird but i love it

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Because after a while, people get sick of the haze coming from underneath the truck. Not to mention the funny looks you get.

I get enuff looks cause of my clutch. Its still gonna haze if u have a catch can. Its gotta go somewhere.

B585Ford

Reaction score

I doubt it matters, but I would think in the stock application there would be a slight vacuum to draw the vapors out...of course the vent might eliminate that anyways unless it is very efficient, but that is why I went with the vent mounted as high as possible with as little as hose as possible...is it necessary...probably not, but it does help me sleep a little better.

Last edited:

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
I get enuff looks cause of my clutch. Its still gonna haze if u have a catch can. Its gotta go somewhere.

Not if it is routed back into the intake... I wouldn't have put a catch can on if I wanted to keep it routed to atmosphere.

CAT35niner

Reaction score
Not if it is routed back into the intake... I wouldn't have put a catch can on if I wanted to keep it routed to atmosphere.

See now that makes sense. But some guys have a catch can but still vented to atmosphere. Not tryin to start a fight here but at least we can give out certain facts.

Wayne

Reaction score
The can in the link is definitely too small. 1" diameter fitting size as well as no extra restriction it what it needs to maintain stock flow specs, otherwise you could get excessive crank case pressure. I've been running my through a venturi out my tail pipe, and it works great. My engine has a fair amount of vapor so it was really obnoxious hazing from behind the cab, but not too bad exiting the tail pipe. I plan on building my own catch can that still vents to the tail pipe soon, but I just began a motor build, so it'll wait until after the engine's back in.

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
See now that makes sense. But some guys have a catch can but still vented to atmosphere. Not tryin to start a fight here but at least we can give out certain facts.

Yeah, unless you are pouring out oil you do not need a catch can when routed to atmosphere.

Here are a couple more pics of how it routes back up into the intake.

2d245bbb.jpg

51a96ca9.jpg

Latest posts

Members online