ccv delete...??

Super Scott

Reaction score
Going on a road trip in two days and want to try and get some input on this. I have yet to do any research on this upgrade yet. Would it be worth while to rush and knock it out real quick or just wait until I get home. Heading up north and prob gonna put 1500+ miles on the rig so just looking for some advise to see if I loose some sleep doing the work or just waiting. I have know real idea of the bigger benefits besides the cleaner cooler air going into the intake which is kind of a big deal so just wondering... do fast and in a hurry or just wait and do it with out the rush. Seems simple enough to do but like I said I didn't do any research yet and have no time to do it as of now. Thanks.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Honestly I don't think it would matter either way but I did mine because I didn't want the oily vapor going into my intake track. Its a pretty easy and cheap mod either way

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Like ncollins64 said, its no big deal to do. It took me maybe 15 minuts to do and I had some hose laying around so it was a free upgrade. The main benefit is not having oil vapor going through your turbos, intake, and intercooler.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
I'm not sure but I wanna say 3/4. I used the U bend from the hose that goes from the firewall to the air filter. I cut just the U bend out of it, clamped the one end to the ccv port on the oil canister, and put a short piece of pipe in the other end and then hooked the other hose to it and ran it down to the frame. If that makes sense.

Super Scott

Reaction score
Sounds simple enough and too easy. Just need some hose and run it up along the frame rail somewhere. What are you guys using to plug the end on your intake? It's an easy job now that I really think about it, just need some hose and run it. Def want to stop that crap from going in the intake.

Super Scott

Reaction score
Something else I'm thinking about to hold off is I'm heading to PA for about two weeks and don't won't and snow, ice, filth, chemicals, etc getting up into the end of the hose I run...

bigrpowr

<How I Fly
Administrator
Reaction score
its 1" hose. to do it with no kinks you'll need a bypass hose that fits and a hose connector, some hose clamps and zip ties.

powerstroked08

Reaction score
Something else I'm thinking about to hold off is I'm heading to PA for about two weeks and don't won't and snow, ice, filth, chemicals, etc getting up into the end of the hose I run...

Nothing is going to get in the hose. There is enough crank case pressure coming out of it to keep anything from getting into it. I live in PA and I havn't had any issues with stuff getting into mine.

ncollins64

Reaction score
Yea like mike said mine is 1 inch hose and I've got a "u" piece that comes off the oil fill then connect that to the one inch hose and run down frame rail. Mine is actually going in my ex just because I didn't like seeing and smelling the fumes and now I can't since its mixed in the exhaust.

B585Ford

Reaction score
Definitely use 1" ID hose. I don't think anyone knows for sure what hose is too small and would cause CC pressure to build, but I do know I haven't read of one case of it with 1" ID hose. I actually ran across the front of the engine and down the driver's side in order to avoid any 90 degree turns. I am sure that wasn't necessary and it would have been fine U or 2 L-fittings, but I didn't want to take any chances.
I ran a load last week from WV up to the mountains in NY and back down through PA during that snow storm that hit w/o any problems. Once you do this mod and see how much blow-by comes out, you will see why you don't have to worry about debris.

RedRice589

Reaction score
I used 5/8 inch hose with no problems but it made more pressure I switched to 1" hose and it was better didn't carry as far kind of went away faster in air. Never had an issue with crap getting in it. Plus it's warm air.

Reaction score
We also have some of the deletes that replace the bulky ccv tank.
MPD makes a very nice one as well !
They will be clear anodized use factory cap and use all factory hardware.
They also are fitted with 1" breather that comes with 6' of hose
that can be ran where ever you would like . The one in the picture is a prototype and is dull and not ball milled or cleared.
I will post pics of new ones in a few weeks if anyone is interested .

Pm for price and availability

Attachments

• IMG_20130705_143045_5081.jpg
    IMG_20130705_143045_5081.jpg
    66.7 KB · Views: 69

powerstroked08

Reaction score
that can be ran where ever you would like . The one in the picture is a prototype and is dull and not ball milled or cleared.

Very nice! Clean and simple.

Reaction score
Sorry for the bad pic guys. But I think its simple and to the point. The other side has a nice contur to it with ball mills in the side . It will dress the piece up a bit . The new ones won't be done for a few weeks yet :( . But let me know if I can help thanks for the feedback guys !

B585Ford

Reaction score

Sorry, but even if you mill or clear it, it won't be as pretty as your avatar.

Latest posts

Members online