ccv

6.0smokinstroker

Reaction score
Has anyone re routed this and where is the tube located any pics or info would be appreciated would like to keep this blowby out of my intercooler +system

BlueWaffle

Reaction score
pull it out of the intake, swivel the nozzle on the valve cover around so it's facing down and pop some heater hose on the end of it and run it out the bottom of the truck. takes about $10 and 15 minutes.

Adamv7010

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
pull it out of the intake, swivel the nozzle on the valve cover around so it's facing down and pop some heater hose on the end of it and run it out the bottom of the truck. takes about $10 and 15 minutes.

How much oil would you ever see out of the hose ? Wouldn't want that on a new concrete drive way

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
How much oil would you ever see out of the hose ? Wouldn't want that on a new concrete drive way

You should never see any really. The factory breather is baffled IIRC. Most you'll get is a stinky smell and a little vapor, as long as the engine isn't whipped.

ncollins64

Reaction score
i didnt like the smell of the ccv under the truck so i put mine in the exhaust. i got some 1 inch pieces of tubing and cut one end at a 45 deg angle and had the angle facing the rear. i placed the tubing in the exhaust at a 45 deg also and welded it up. heres a pic

ncollins64

Reaction score
ccv pic

pic

Attachments

• IMG_20130606_082830_269.jpg
    IMG_20130606_082830_269.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 87

cfdeng7

Reaction score
Run a 1" heater hose out to behind the cab and be done. All of my trucks have always had the ccv vented to the atmosphere. You will get a haze and smell when Its hot, but if you run it far enough back you never really notice it. And unless you have excessive blowby it shouldn't drip

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1371299297157.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1371299297157.jpg
    67.7 KB · Views: 77

ford rules

Reaction score
All you guys using heater hose are you having issues with it getting soft and haveing the oil vapor deteriorate the hose? Heater hose isnt made for oil and im not sure if the vapors are enough to soften the hose up.

05sixliter

Reaction score
All you guys using heater hose are you having issues with it getting soft and haveing the oil vapor deteriorate the hose? Heater hose isnt made for oil and im not sure if the vapors are enough to soften the hose up.

No issues so far, I've had mine re routed for about 6 months now

ncdzl

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
You should never see any really. The factory breather is baffled IIRC. Most you'll get is a stinky smell and a little vapor, as long as the engine isn't whipped.

While I agree with you...and you are right about the baffle...why is it that more often than not...trucks with no ccv reroute have oil in the boots? If there should only be vapor? Or does the vapor change back to a liquid in the cooler temp?

Latest posts

Members online