Changes to my truck

cappa

Reaction score
Nice, those look good. Do you have any pics from the front so a guy can see how wide they look compared to stock?

TexAg56

Reaction score
EC6F8D60-588F-4D6D-8DB9-C795B4DAF16F_zps2vtljjk1.png

TexAg56

Reaction score
They arent super wide at all but wider than stock. Im anxious to see how they look with wider tires but thats going to be a while till that happens

TexAg56

Reaction score
Thanks man I appreciate it! Im happy with them. I think its looks good enough that I will be able to drive with them until they wear out instead of wasting brand new tires havent experienced any rubbing yet so hopefully it stays that way

JMart

Reaction score
Here is a little tip for the fuel wheels I wish someone would have told me about. Those little screws around the outside of the wheel come off. Either check them often and keep them tight or pull them all and use some locktite on them. I lost several before I noticed they were coming off. Luckily I lost the whole truck a few days later so I didn't have to deal with replacing them.

I also have a complete set of center caps if anyone is in a need for them. LOL

WhiteMamba_Scorpion

Reaction score
Here is a little tip for the fuel wheels I wish someone would have told me about. Those little screws around the outside of the wheel come off. Either check them often and keep them tight or pull them all and use some locktite on them. I lost several before I noticed they were coming off. Luckily I lost the whole truck a few days later so I didn't have to deal with replacing them.

Mine were the complete opposite. They were stuck so hard they snapped off... hince why my truck has no center caps LOL

Sent from a mountain top in Appalachia

JMart

Reaction score
Mine were the complete opposite. They were stuck so hard they snapped off... hince why my truck has no center caps LOL

Sent from a mountain top in Appalachia

Im not talking about the bolts for the center caps. I am talking about the little trim bolts along the outside of the lip. I am the only person whoever installed my wheels on my truck. I never had a problem with the center cap bolts.

How do most of yall do with the front caps? Leave them off so you can get to your manual locks? Or keep them on?

I left mine on most of the time. My vacuum switch was out on my truck so I had to take mine off if I needed to luck the hubs though. I took them off before I left my house the day I totaled my truck because I knew we were going to get in some mud. That was why we were in my truck instead of my brothers. I didn't want to have to deal with pulling them off in the rain. I planned on locking my hubs as soon as we pulled off the main road.

TexAg56

Reaction score
Squat what angle are you looking for and Ill post exactly what you want. Are you wanting side pics to see how far they stick out like I already posted but from further away?

mandkole

Reaction score
Like the look a lot-- if it wasn't for the price, Ive had enough of the MT style tire. For me, Id not go much wider on the tire unless you want them out more.

TexAg56

Reaction score
Thanks mandkole! Idk what tires ill end up going with. I had my mindset that I was going to go with 35x12.50 but the guys at the tire shop told me that 35s cant tow the weight that the truck allows or something Ive never heard before. They told me when I look into new tires to look into 295/65/20 instead because they are 800lbs over what the truck can handle or some crap Ive never heard about. Either way that decision wont be made for a while as these tires have less than 3k miles on them

drservo

Reaction score

My problem is figuring out which 2 are the "real" ones to take the caps off.

Latest posts

Members online