check coolant additive?

bhudson

Reaction score
Yeah I used to live out there in Tucson years ago. Had an F 150 back then and drove the dog **** out of that thing and never had any problems.

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
Can we turn off this reminder? I had a new radiator installed at 2k miles(thanks to screwdriver being slung through it, thx exhaust shop), dealer flushed the truck and refilled since it sat empty of coolant for 5 days. I have not pulled that thing off valve cover yet, just blocked it. I'll have dealer check ph when they do oil change. But rather not deal with idiot message if it is an easy disable..

Tim1216

Reaction score
OK cool, so I guess I won't need the additive then since I put new coolant in it

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

dseitler

Reaction score
They also are stopping the cavitation and the eating away of the aluminum housings. Like behind the water pump and other high speed and high temp areas were coolant spins or travel fast. You should keep you coolant balance and tested or you might have a corrosion problem down the road. It's cheap insurance your doing all you can do on a min 16K engine. Just my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dseitler

Reaction score
Can we turn off this reminder? I had a new radiator installed at 2k miles(thanks to screwdriver being slung through it, thx exhaust shop), dealer flushed the truck and refilled since it sat empty of coolant for 5 days. I have not pulled that thing off valve cover yet, just blocked it. I'll have dealer check ph when they do oil change. But rather not deal with idiot message if it is an easy disable..

What do you pay or did the shop pay for the Radiator?

BIG JUICE

Reaction score
What do you pay or did the shop pay for the Radiator?

$2200__flush,refill, fan, radiator, shroud, labor. Dealer basically said what parts fell off? we didn't notice... so I coughed it up

basically the guy is broke and has no insurance. barely getting by and didn't pay shop rent for months. I obviously thought he was a good guy and I just needed a tailpipe swapped out on a lift. hind sight is always 20/20. He lost the screwdriver popping off the 3 plugs underhood(while I was uploading tunes in the cab), told me he only had one craftsman flat head in that size in his tool box after it disappeared.... he threw another on the floor (identical) cause he lost that one. would have never started my truck if I knew it was in the fan shroud! He gave me a grand. I covered the rest!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online