check engine light

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Well i'm@3850 miles and right after my truck started a regen the check engine light came on.I have an appointment@the stealership in a few days as i'm unable to go now,anyway would anyone be willing to take a guess as to what it is,the trucks running as usual can tell nothings wrong but i will find out soon&get back and will see if anyone guessed the cause of the cel it's bone stock thank god lol.

135Hoster

Reaction score
could be anything. Autozone etc. will usually do a free CEL read for you, or pick up a little innova scanner for like $50.

Chris.v

Reaction score
Are you plugging your truck in? Mine keeps throwing some fuel temp sensor code. Can't remember the code name off the top of my head. But I remember reading it had something to due with using the block heater. Throws it every couple days.

bad moose

Reaction score
Probably an exhaust temp code. If everything is running ok I wouldn't worry about it. Or like stated earlier go to autozone/ oreilly's and get read and cleared. See if it comes back.

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
I'm going to take it in first thing monday morning,i'm thinking the exhaust temp sensor is a good guess,it runs as it always has and the block heaters never been used.
I will post with the diagnosis as soon as i find out.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
yeah, i had a couple def related sensor issues.. sucks when it goes into limp mode too.. somehow, all the sensors under the truck up and dissappeared though....

live life full throttle

ftast350

Reaction score
yeah, i had a couple def related sensor issues.. sucks when it goes into limp mode too.. somehow, all the sensors under the truck up and dissappeared though....

live life full throttle

Humm how could that have happened?! For some reason I think mine will eventually have the same problem (solution)

charles henson

In the Brig (Banned)
Reaction score
Well as luck would have it when i started it this morning to take it in the cel was gone?I took it in anyway but was told to bring it in with it on that nothings being harmed.I did however notice that when the cel was on my trans temp gage did nothing&now is operating normally,i also have smelled burning rubber coming from btw my cab&bed area,so im thinking a vacuum hose is cooking on my exhaust as its not from under the hood or either wheel.
I have to take my 14 focus in tomorrow so i'll bring this to the service advisers attn&see what he thinks about that.
I did look@the new f150's and like everything but the tiny rear sliders even the prices are close to the last models oh well maybe i'll know more tomorrow.

Latest posts

Members online