Check Your Brakes!!!

Bosshawg600

Reaction score
They arent the best of quality....... That is all.

calipers_zpsa815d3dd.png

calipers2_zps33b3fb31.png

Guess Plastic pistons and a 1 ton arent a good match......

madman1234509

Reaction score
Ive known quite a few people that have had their calipers lock up on them. I try to have my brakes flushed once a year to help keep moisture out and the seals good.

dzldoctor

Reaction score
Looks like the rotor was scraping on that calpier? Was the pad completely worn on that side?

Bosshawg600

Reaction score
Truck sat for 3 weeks while I was in California, guess it didnt like that too much....about 200 miles later they started squeeling and discovered this. I guess Im ucky they didnt lock up. But the pads were trash, rotors are even worse.....MI truck, so rust was a big factor!!!!

907DAVE

Reaction score
I always get a laugh out of threads like this, always reminds me of that guy who proudly displays a destroyed engine bearing....like he was proud of his years of neglect.

Brake fluid level is an excellent indicator of pad wear, if you keep an eye on it you will avoid expensive repairs like this.

7.3 Whitey

Reaction score
Also since you guys can actually make a ton of power... Do a fluid flush every time you change your brakes. Just a little bit helps. Dont need to do the whole system. Just bleed until all bubbles stop. High heat and vibrations from offroading does that. Just like greasing joints every oil change. Or thermostat on a new waterpump. Might as well while your in there...

Ipkyss

Reaction score
When you burn through all the pad and your stopping on just the steel part of the pad, you transfer all the heat right to the caliper. I have seen trucks that the pad was totally gone and the caliper was wearing on the rotor. It amazes me how people can drive a 8,000lb+ truck like a race car and never check there brakes. Part of changing my oil/ filters is checking brake wear. You can see the pads without even taking a tire off.

uga33

Reaction score
Mine had plenty of meat left on the pads, level was great and fluid was in good condition. They are junk. At least remans from Ford were only $125 a side. Hopefully they go a little farther. Doubtful though.

jimdawg185

Reaction score
SSBC, AP Racing and Willwood if you have the coin.

Last edited:

GROSSpolluter

Reaction score
my pads were toast afer 40k mi. my 6.0 i never touched the brakes sold it at 75k mi, and it had 35s. go figure.

sootie

Reaction score
i think my truck has issues too... it has 85k on it and my right rim gets a ton of brake dust on it and smokes when i pull a trailer. the truck has been dealer maintained its whole life and the front pads were replaced about 12k ago. Now my rotors warped. i haven't pulled it apart to see if its seized yet.

Latest posts