Chrome to painted rear bumper

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
Howdy all,

I have a '16 F250 with a rear chrome bumper that I am wanting to turn black. Shadow black to be specific.

I looked online for already painted caps and found a lot, but no shadow black. Ebony black, gloss black, etc. I did find a cheap set of oem primed bumper caps, but have no idea how much to get a good paint shop would cost.

My question, to those who have done this, what did you do? Get already painted bumpers and they were close enough? Get primed caps and pay a shop to spray them, if so, how much? Or, is there a resource that sells oem painted caps that I haven't found?

Thanks!

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Sorry, can't help with the questions you have asked but have you thought about wrapping it with vinyl?

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
Honestly, nope. I haven't even thought about it at all. I suspect it would be plenty durable, but wonder how close they could match the colors?

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Seems like there is a boatload of colors available. Probably could get pretty close and much easier to repair than paint. Rip it off and redo it.

95cobby

Reaction score
I got the ebony caps with the plan to have them painted shadow black but after I got them I can't tell the difference so I just put them on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

95cobby

Reaction score
95, you have a shadow truck? You got your ebony from ebay? Thanks!

Yes 2016 also and got them off ebay. I don't have any good pictures of the truck with them on though.

f47f920756725ed3254761551105c0bd.jpg

Last edited:

Ice Cream Sammich

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks. If you say that it's close enough to not notice, I'm a grab a set. They are only $150 or so, cheap enough to be painted if necessary. I'll wait until tomorrow incase someone knows where the shadow black caps are though.

Latest posts

Members online