CLUTCH SUGGESTIONS ANYONE?

BIGISLAND7.3

Reaction score
I got a stock 02 7.3 ,the clutch feels like its starting to fade, i'm in the market for a new one,chime in and let me know your thoughts and which clutch you think i should go with along with a link ,if possible,again she's a stocker running 33's no tunes,but in the future i was thinking about about throwing on a 4 inch turbo back exhaust,and maybe a dp tuner with a 3 stage tune. Thanks and Aloha :fordoval:

bad12jr

Reaction score
I like my kevlar/ceramic single from valAir. It is a little grabby but does good. To be honest though the luk gold that was in it before took a lot of abuse.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
All you would need is a stock clutch. But could get the heavy duty upgrade southbend clutch sells. Might even work a little better then the stock clutch because it should be lighter.

BIGISLAND7.3

Reaction score
All you would need is a stock clutch. But could get the heavy duty upgrade southbend clutch sells. Might even work a little better then the stock clutch because it should be lighter.

thanks ,heard horror stories of guys getting too much clutch for their set up ,just trying to be sure,Got any Links?

bad12jr

Reaction score
Maybe a little more then stock. Nothing like the valair. Its stiffer for sure but holds good. The luk took a 4th gear launch when the trans died and was stuck in gear. Still had a lot of material left when I pulled it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
thanks ,heard horror stories of guys getting too much clutch for their set up ,just trying to be sure,Got any Links?

I do not have a Link BUT I can give you the part number so you can look it up.

The clutches i am listing Part number for are South Bend.

This is there "stock" Clutch... Part# 1944-6K

This is a Organic lined Clutch that is rated for 350HP and 750FTLB of Torque.
Part # 1944-6OK

This clutch is a combination of Organic and Feramic linings. This clutch is rated for 450HP and 900FTLB of torque.

The rating are for RWHP so fly wheel would be even more. Any of these clutches would work great. For me I would look at the Organic lined one that is rated for 350/750. Would work good for towing.

If you do go for one I could get you a price.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
I do not have a Link BUT I can give you the part number so you can look it up.

The clutches i am listing Part number for are South Bend.

This is there "stock" Clutch... Part# 1944-6K

This is a Organic lined Clutch that is rated for 350HP and 750FTLB of Torque.
Part # 1944-6OK

This clutch is a combination of Organic and Feramic linings. This clutch is rated for 450HP and 900FTLB of torque. Part # 1944-6OFK

The rating are for RWHP so fly wheel would be even more. Any of these clutches would work great. For me I would look at the Organic lined one that is rated for 350/750. Would work good for towing.

If you do go for one I could get you a price.

Just noticed I forgot to put that part number for the last clutch in for you.

Powerstroke Cowboy

Reaction score
No you would not have to. BUT depending on how it looks i would either change it or have it machined flat. No need to put a new clutch in on a uneven flywheel.

Latest posts

Members online