clutch will not disengage

creecher73

Reaction score
went to get in my truck started it up pushed in on the clutch pedal and can not put my truck in gear. turn the truck off put trans in gear and start it up the truck tries to take off, but can not shift it out of gear. so far i've changed the slave cylinder, and checked the measurements on things that Ben and Nate at Unlimited Diesel told me to look at, the arm on the slave cylinder is only coming out about 3/4" and if i remember right Ben said it should be about 1.5". havent been able to get off work early enough to get to the shop and talk to them in a couple weeks. So i was hoping maybe some of you have had similar problems and can point me in a certain direction. also i had no problems at all with the truck when i parked it. any help is much appreciated. truck is a 1996 F350

mandkole

Reaction score
If you clutch disk is fairly new and thicker, it takes a much better pedal than when warn. I can put my trans into gear when the pedal is 2" off the floor (a wee bit warn). You could also remove the trans/bellhousing inspection cover and look up where the arm and the bearing sit to see what is moving. If the clutch disk is not being separated from the friction surfaces when the pedal is pushed in, there is an issue somewhere.

kadeninabnitt

Reaction score
Check where the pedal assembly meets the clutch master cylinder there is a little plastic bushing that wears out and if it is the master cylinder wont travel as far which means the slave wont travel as far as it needs to

Latest posts

Members online