Clutches

Thumper97

Reaction score
Looking at clutches for the 97 obs with the zf 5 speed. has anyone used the Valair Clutches and if so how do they hold up to a little abuse? Stuck between them and South Bend

97f350stroker

Reaction score
I have a valair sintered iron dual disk and so far it has taken a beating since I have done my motor work. You can't go wrong with either of the two I'd be just as happy with a south bend any day.

ryanss22

Reaction score
I had the best single disk southbend offerd and smoked it on my first sledpull with only stage 2's and stock turbo.. I now run an sfi approved Valair dual disk ceramic feramic clutch.. Not very forgiving on slipping with out a load on it... Never slipped it once while pulling this past summer.

It really depends on what you plan to do with your truck, DD, heavy tow, sledpull???

Lamont_24

Reaction score
I'd say dual disk would be the way to go if you have any intentions on hooking to a sled, might as well only have to buy one clutch. But offroad your not going to be wanting to be pushing in that stiff bastard so I don't know what to say about that lo

Stroker#66

Reaction score
I've got a Valair 3600 DD with 12k miles,about 20 times down the strip and made it threw a broken input shaft still going strong

ryanss22

Reaction score
With my Valair DD clutch the pedal presure is not much stiffer then stock. With heavy towing I would go with a Dual Disk maybe a ceramic/organic compound.. You will want some slipping to be able to hook up traliors and back stuff up easier. Just call eaither southbend or valair and talk to them direct see what they tell you. Just be honest as to what your plans are for the truck and you won't be disappointed with eaither company

97BambiBasherPSD

Reaction score
i have the 650hp valair DD and i love it! ill run those forever. pulling and towing that thing is great. it was really grabby at first and was a pain to back up a trailer but once i got a sled pull on it it eased right up and other than a stiff ass pedal you wouldnt know it was a DD

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.