commonized heads

Zmann

Reaction score
your referring to dowel size there is an adapter dowel device

as far as other peculiarities I have read that there are a few

what years are We talking ?

u might have the smaller dowel size now ?

turbotibbo

Reaction score
no i have a motor with the 20 mm dowel heads and want to use heads with the 18mm dowel .mine is late build 2006 with commonized heads and i have 05 un commonized heads that i would like to get ready and use but dont no if it will work ......any techs out there that have a for sure answer?

Big Angry Hillbilly

Reaction score
Do you have the motor apart? Never seen 20mm dowels on anything earlier than 07.

I've also noticed the 20mm dowel motors had a different intake pipe (one piece) from the turbo to the air filter. Maybe coincidence.

Fast-6.0

Reaction score
The heads will interchange but the rocker stands may be different. The later heads used a different rocker stand.

Mdub707

Reaction score
Yes it should. You CAN use them on any year truck, as long as you have the other parts to go with them. 18mm heads had T-40 injector hold downs and 20mm heads had T-45 I believe. Heard the rocker boxes are different as well...

Also, depending on if the truck ever went in for warranty work or not, it's possible it has 20mm heads already. Heck, it could even have one 18mm head and one 20mm head. If Ford had to replace heads on any year truck, they put 20mm heads on.

turbotibbo

Reaction score
thanks for the replies but i decided to use the heads that were on the truck after getting the checked and all was well

Latest posts

Members online