Connecting rod cap broke in 2 pieces

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
be prepared for some sticker shock, but if you or somebody you know can get the parts wholesale, it's a bit easier to swallow

weekendwarriorfsw32

Reaction score
All remans suck including ford. When I got a short block for my 6.4 when I cracked a piston I disassembled the whole thing and checked tolerances for everything and then reassembled it knowing that it was built correct which is the only way I would do a ford reman in my truck.

04cr450

Reaction score
that's not a good thing to hear^ I would hope ford remans would be good. I guess you need to build one from scratch and have an experienced engine builder perform the procedure?

sootie

Reaction score
talk to Morgan at Midwest about rebuilding yours. He is Sledpull on here and will treat you right...quality workmanship and good lead times.

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
Found a engine with studs and egr delete and no scanner on it. Whole truck 7k. Was laid over on side. Runs and drives still.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

jdeeg4276

Reaction score
We that deal sucked. But I had a back up. Found a CL ad of a guy who pulled his engine at 77k and Cummins shaped it. Getting engine for 2k. Gonna build it right. I'll make money now.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Members online