Converter staying locked up until water temp reaches 188

Bignbadbelair

Reaction score
Hey guys has anyone heard of torque converter staying locked up and trying to push truck threw red lights and stop signs until water temp. reaches 188-190 degrees? My truck is doing this. I talked to Matt at punch it performance who made custom egr dpf off tunes for my 5015 tuner and he said between him and Rudy's selling his programers he puts them on 300-400 trucks a month and never heard of this issue due to the tuning. My truck is a 2008 f350 with 112k on it. I have egr and dpf deleted. Also have removed the egr valve and put the 3 inch high flow intake elbow in instead. I been trying to figure this out why the converter would stay locked until engine warms up completely. After it warms up it works great like it should. It is just whenever water temp hasn't reached 188-190 degrees. I heard of a solenoid that controls the torque converter anyone ever have problems with them? The truck don't have any codes coming up. I cannot see the converter being bad because it don't slip and also don't shutter. I do see on my 250hp tune I am running a 40rpm variance going down the road. Do you guys think it can be the converter? Is there any ways to test anything to see what's going on? Please help!

Csilva187

Reaction score
Just cause and throwing I out there, but have you tried reinstalling whatever software you had to eliminate that being a problem?

Bignbadbelair

Reaction score
I'll try that again but I have tried it with different tunes and it still did the same thing.

Latest posts

Members online