Converting Canadian truck to MPH

08Monster

Reaction score
Has anyone done this? Looking at buying a truck from Canada and the dash is metric. Is there any way to change it?

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

08Monster

Reaction score
There are options in the menu. You just cant change the speedo. Well you can but you'll need a new one.

mph is on there. Just the small numbers
So buying a new gauge cluster is the only way?

sootie

Reaction score
There may be custom dash skins available-there were on the older trucks

Sterling6.7

Reaction score
Put a CTS on it and view a MPH PID along with all of the other important stuff. I believe you can change the MPH/KPH stuff with Forscan or IDS.

08Monster

Reaction score
Put a CTS on it and view a MPH PID along with all of the other important stuff. I believe you can change the MPH/KPH stuff with Forscan or IDS.
Yeah I could do that, but the dash would drive me crazy.

redrockjk57

Reaction score
Remember that there is zero warranty on Canadian trucks in the US....only Canadian trucks registered in Canada have valid warranty here. Dealers in Minnesota try and pull that **** all the time. They buy Canadian vehicles with low miles cheap, import them, change over all of the metric stuff on the vehicles then put them on the lot a few grand less than an identical American vehicle. The unsuspecting consumer buys its because it's cheap then has a warranty issue and bam the dealer denies claim

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

redrockjk57

Reaction score
Ok ford is obviously different than FCA (ram, jeep) I stand corrected

08Monster

Reaction score
Or you could learn the dark art of conversion.

30mph is 50
40 is 65ish
50 is 80is
60 is 98
Seeing a wrong number on the dash everyday wouldn't drive you nuts? Sure would for me. I can do math, I'm not dumb. Just doesn't look right and isn't right.

ckrueg

Reaction score
Remember that there is zero warranty on Canadian trucks in the US....only Canadian trucks registered in Canada have valid warranty here. Dealers in Minnesota try and pull that **** all the time. They buy Canadian vehicles with low miles cheap, import them, change over all of the metric stuff on the vehicles then put them on the lot a few grand less than an identical American vehicle. The unsuspecting consumer buys its because it's cheap then has a warranty issue and bam the dealer denies claim

Not to mention they are usually rusting out. Dealers here in MI always would have a cheap 6.7 or 6.4 and when I'd look at it underneath it was as rusted as my dad's 7.3.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

8WR_ZJ

Reaction score
Get a new cluster and have it programmed for the mikeage and engine hours.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Kxc

Reaction score
A little off topic but could someone point me in the direction of a thread to change an XL cluster to the fancy color screen ?

johnp115

Reaction score
Seeing a wrong number on the dash everyday wouldn't drive you nuts? Sure would for me. I can do math, I'm not dumb. Just doesn't look right and isn't right.

at first yeah it does, but its not a big deal. i eventually bought this ( http://www.newtruckstuff.com/US-SPE...DOMETER-KIT-08-10-F250-XLT/productinfo/SSF19/ )

and honestly the ****ty quality was more annoying than the numbers being wrong.

Maybe go on ebay and find someone who sells odometers and see if they can get you straight.

Latest posts

Members online