Coolant filter clamps

Lipka101

Reaction score
What do you guys use for hose clamps on your coolant filters? These cheap ones that came with mine come loose within a week and start dripping.

I tried adding some that I had laying in my garage but they hardly helped. I'm sick of crawling under the it once a week to tighten these stupid things

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

CT9AIX

Reaction score
When I had mine on the truck I double clamped each hose and made sure the clamps were 180* of each other and never had an issue

Lipka101

Reaction score
I figured it out. Going to do the tee in the heater hose too. Found out that one is leaking too. Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Halestorm55

Reaction score
That is pretty cool. Halestorm, are you in a colder climate?

Nope Oklahoma. I just thought it looked better than a bunch of worm clamps. I used 10 of them total. My coolant filter return steps down from 5/8" to 1/2" and goes into a tee right at the radiator. I also used it on the feed side with a 3/4" tee and steps down to 5/8". I did use worm clamps at the filter housing to connect to the shutoff valves because I have had to replace leaky ones twice. I will go back and use them down there since these have been holding for 2 years.

Lipka101

Reaction score
Nope Oklahoma. I just thought it looked better than a bunch of worm clamps. I used 10 of them total. My coolant filter return steps down from 5/8" to 1/2" and goes into a tee right at the radiator. I also used it on the feed side with a 3/4" tee and steps down to 5/8". I did use worm clamps at the filter housing to connect to the shutoff valves because I have had to replace leaky ones twice. I will go back and use them down there since these have been holding for 2 years.
Well I ordered them so hopefully they work in the cold. If not I'll get the AN fittings. Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Halestorm55

Reaction score
Seal up good for me. Never leaked a drop. I have a 22psi cap for when I race in the summer so they hold pressure good.
23b032828acb227e27158b23d4509793.jpg

looking up parts

Latest posts

Members online