COOLANT HELP

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
120,000 miles. If there is coolant in the oil what does that mean? Expensive? Coolant temp is normal too sorry meant to say coolant on last thread.
If you coolant in the oil it could be expensive, most commonly its because the o rings on the oil cooler fail and the 2 liquids come together. Would take some trouble shooting

jmb

Reaction score
If no coolant in the oil should I try replacing the thermostat ?

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Wouldn't hurt, don't 6.4's also have issues with water pump too? Not sure on that, youll have to do some searching

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
10-4, keep an eye on that coolant. If oil is good than I say keep running it. Of course that wont fix the heat though. Mark line on jug and run it for a few hundred miles. If you are loosing coolant you will know it

08Monster

Reaction score
I'd put money on the oil cooler, like I said in one of the first posts. :) coolant kills main bearings, never good. I would NOT run it as is!

jmb

Reaction score
So what's the next step? Can I change the oil cooler myself? Or just the o-rings/ gaskets?
Anyone have any steps on replacing a oil cooler?
Thanks

ThreeFitty

Reaction score
Not sure what it's like on the 6.4 but my 7.3 was easy. My p rings were leaking but I opted to just do a whole new cooler as I didn't want to chance it. Somebody else should chime in

Latest posts

Members online