Could we get Minimum post count & length of time here...

MossBack

Reaction score
I have been burned once and I know many others have as well. Could we establish a minimum of 30 days after joining and 30 posts before any user could post in the classifieds?

I feel strongly it will make everyone here feel better about dealing with new people and help others from being ripped off..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

ToMang07

Reaction score
I ALMOST posted the same thing earlier. This ain't Craigslist.

LOTS of those ads lately.

Koda22

Reaction score
Yea I would agree....it would help a lot of people from getting burned...but I'd be more for just the post count....not so much the days...but that's just me

Badland

Reaction score
In all honesty I think its a dumb idea I use this forum for knowledge and the occasional classifieds I learn more from other peoples mistakes or everyone else askin the question that I have so I have no need to clog the forum with a million "What's the best tuner", "best fuel mileage" and so on!!!!

So now if I wanna buy something or post up some stock or after market parts I'll need to be a post whore?

How you think the forums is going to react to all the newbys posting "Nice truck", "damn" or "She's hott" just so they can get to the 30 days or 30 posts to screw you over?

It sucks I know I come from the duramax forums and know nothing about my 6.4 and am always looking for advice or a great sale on some parts and people get screwed or burned everyday!!!

So should the kid working at Mcdonalds work for 30 days before you give him your order and cash then drive off with out the stuff you ordered???

Use Paypal and verified paypal members so if you run into a prob they will refund immediately and then investigate your problem and don't send as a gift always use "services" so they can refund you

Just my .02 cents

mclean

Reaction score
^^Few good points but I think there should be a minimum amount of days after joining. I never post on compd or the .org but have been on there since 07 or 08, and I would put an ad up on either one if I was going to sell something.

No post count - Yes to the days a member thing

OBS F350

Reaction score
In all honesty I think its a dumb idea I use this forum for knowledge and the occasional classifieds I learn more from other peoples mistakes or everyone else askin the question that I have so I have no need to clog the forum with a million "What's the best tuner", "best fuel mileage" and so on!!!!

So now if I wanna buy something or post up some stock or after market parts I'll need to be a post whore?

How you think the forums is going to react to all the newbys posting "Nice truck", "damn" or "She's hott" just so they can get to the 30 days or 30 posts to screw you over?

It sucks I know I come from the duramax forums and know nothing about my 6.4 and am always looking for advice or a great sale on some parts and people get screwed or burned everyday!!!

So should the kid working at Mcdonalds work for 30 days before you give him your order and cash then drive off with out the stuff you ordered???

Use Paypal and verified paypal members so if you run into a prob they will refund immediately and then investigate your problem and don't send as a gift always use "services" so they can refund you

Just my .02 cents

No one here is going to hound a new member when posting in a build thread or show off your "_____" thread for saying "Nice ride!" etc. If you frequent the forums much it isn't hard to build up a 30 post count. That isn't even in the realm of un-reasonable post count to post in a section. Do an introductory thread in the new member forum or whatever it is called and just introduce yourself, heck you will build up 10 posts answering questions in a thread like that.

If someone should trust a person selling a product on the forum they should at least have some background as to who that person is are or what they are here for. Forums try to be a little more tight nit than craigslist and ebay.

Dzchey21

Reaction score
Badland has pretty much nailed it down to the letter, from what research we have done all the minimum post count does is make people post stupid stuff, or just fill all of the newly enlisted sections with welcome posts. Time wont really change anything either.

Unfortunatly this is just like anything else, somewhat of a risk that we cant totally keep track of. Some of the moderators including myself have offered for people to send things to me as a medium, once the product and the payment both show up as promised they can be sent to the apropriate people, adds time and money to it but still its some what of an insurance policy... that no one has ever taken me up on.

TyCorr

Reaction score
The bottom line is you shouldnt buy shti from a member unless you know them. Or they have been around and you've interacted with them.

Or have a third party accept the deal. If you dont want to use paypal have the seller send the parts to someone on here you trust. They also.collect the money, make sure the parts and funds are.correct and pass both along. Might add another shipping cost but nobody is totally out anything.

Tree'd by Dustin the super mod :D

Dzchey21

Reaction score
I agree with your points man, just dont buy or sell to people who you personally havent talked to much.

We have had instances where guys have had 3000 posts and ripped people off...

Badland

Reaction score
Exactly what I was trying to say I agree with watching the flood of fake or scammers but I damn sure wouldn't buy tow power-x turbos from a guy with 3 posts it's commonsense or buy from a guy that's a friends brother-in-laws old roommate that has some American force 24x14 rims for sell for 2000 shipped that's in Australia right now so pics ain't available

I agree with Dzchey21 if you have a bad feeling send it to a mod and make that guy that wants the deal pay for shipping??? I know if I wanted something bad enough of it was a good deal I jump through hoops to get it before any one else

Thanks

Powerstroked162

On Da Juice
Reaction score
I agree with your points man, just dont buy or sell to people who you personally havent talked to much.

We have had instances where guys have had 3000 posts and ripped people off...

Yup. I've been hosed by guys with 0 posts and 1,000+

Post count means nothing if the seller plans to *** people. Con men opperate on the belief "where there is a will, there is a way". They will get you some how. Best thing to do is get as much personal info from
Them as possible and do not pay for anything through any other transaction form than PayPal. Don't gift money to guys you don't trust. 30 day money back guarantee right there

eng53ine

Reaction score
Badland has pretty much nailed it down to the letter, from what research we have done all the minimum post count does is make people post stupid stuff, or just fill all of the newly enlisted sections with welcome posts. Time wont really change anything either.

Unfortunatly this is just like anything else, somewhat of a risk that we cant totally keep track of. Some of the moderators including myself have offered for people to send things to me as a medium, once the product and the payment both show up as promised they can be sent to the apropriate people, adds time and money to it but still its some what of an insurance policy... that no one has ever taken me up on.
^^ this would be the best route in my opinion if your feeling something is sketchy

The bottom line is you shouldnt buy shti from a member unless you know them. Or they have been around and you've interacted with them.

Or have a third party accept the deal. If you dont want to use paypal have the seller send the parts to someone on here you trust. They also.collect the money, make sure the parts and funds are.correct and pass both along. Might add another shipping cost but nobody is totally out anything.

Technically I don't know anyone on here just because I posted in a thread with them doesn't make a screen name anymore trust worthy in my mind.

Yup. I've been hosed by guys with 0 posts and 1,000+

Post count means nothing if the seller plans to *** people. Con men opperate on the belief "where there is a will, there is a way". They will get you some how. Best thing to do is get as much personal info from
Them as possible and do not pay for anything through any other transaction form than PayPal. Don't gift money to guys you don't trust. 30 day money back guarantee right there

Like said here if they're gonna do it they're gonna do it.

Just a thought probably not a good idea but if someone's not sure why couldn't one make a post asking about the seller maybe like the buyer/seller feedback section? If 3 or 4 members speak up for the seller maybe that'll ease some minds.

littleredstroker

Reaction score
I agree. I bought something from a well known member over PayPal almost two weeks ago. After a week, asked about it and he forgot the ship it.. still no word, but ain't to concerned

Same concept as buying from a reputable dealer

Smoked a bit
Turbo lit
That was it

TyCorr

Reaction score
Exactly^

There are people with a storefront hosing people too.

Ive followed closely what I said and no real issues so far.

TheSmokinStroke2002

Reaction score
Won't do anything except pizz off members that have been here since day 1 that don't feel the need to post whore. They did this on another forum I'm on and it caused chaos and numerous people said they wouldn't be visiting the site anymore.

Sent from my Note 3

02BigD

Reaction score

CompD has the funky parameters of 10 post minimum for sending a PM, and one can see evidence of people's junk posts around the site on occasion. So really, like you said it just clutters the site up.

Personally, the staff offering to be the middle man, is pretty frickin amazing. It speaks volumes to the quality of character of the staff, and the diesel family that we are all part of.

Yea, who would buy stuff from this ^^^ guy :gun:

greyford1979

Reaction score
Just to let everyone know, the only reason I bought a PSD last year, was so that I could join this forum and begin ripping people off :p Like many have said, I don't think post count or how long somebody has been here will really change anything, if someone wants to rip you off it's gonna happen. Even if you feel the person out and think the person might be the nicest and most honest person ever, you just never know. The best con person is most likely gonna come across this way anyways. When I sold my traction bars on here, I communicated well with all potential buyers, including getting shipping quotes for them. So to them I probably came off as an honest person whom they could trust, but for all they know I could've been a crook especially since nobody on here knows me personally, well except my brother. Hmmmm, I probably just shot myself in the foot for ever trying to sell anything on here again, damn it LOL

Atsah

Reaction score
Personally, the staff offering to be the middle man, is pretty frickin amazing. It speaks volumes to the quality of character of the staff, and the diesel family that we are all part of.

If I had any question at all about a seller, I would use this route, what's better than having this option...

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.