Could we get Minimum post count & length of time here...

NY_Mott

Reaction score
My join date was 26NOV2013 and as of today 17DEC2013 I have 31 posts.
I will be the first to admit that I jointed that day to post in the classifieds. Allthough on like many we speak of, I first posted an introduction followed by a wanted ad.
(Plus all the time prior to joining)

Even as a new member I agree a minimum of 30 days is needed. I feel it makes the crook leave and come back after 30 days to create his scam. Lets be real, if he comes back after 30 days just to post on here and rip you off, its safe to say he will find away no matter how many posts or days.

08allstrokey

Reaction score
I have a question on this. I have been a member for a while and i dont post a lot on here,but I do read a lot of useful info. I recently posted in the classified section and was wondering what the symbol in front of my post was. It appears to be a sealed envelope. Does this symbol correlate with what I am reading in this thread? Plus is there a place or can someone tell me what these symbols mean? Thanks in advance and dont mean to sound stupid.

ToMang07

Reaction score
I have a question on this. I have been a member for a while and i dont post a lot on here,but I do read a lot of useful info. I recently posted in the classified section and was wondering what the symbol in front of my post was. It appears to be a sealed envelope. Does this symbol correlate with what I am reading in this thread? Plus is there a place or can someone tell me what these symbols mean? Thanks in advance and dont mean to sound stupid.

Attachments

• envelope.JPG
    envelope.JPG
    8.9 KB · Views: 115

drunk on diesel

Reaction score
Please don't implement this here...

people just post more stupid stuff and people get lulled into a false sense of security... seen it happen over and over on various forums. I'm sorry if somebody got ripped off, but why should every single other forum member suffer because of it? :(

use common sense and if the deal doesn't seem right, DON'T DO IT!!!

best thing is to implement some sort of feedback system. even if it's a feedback forum

powerlifter405

Reaction score
Please don't implement this here...

people just post more stupid stuff and people get lulled into a false sense of security... seen it happen over and over on various forums. I'm sorry if somebody got ripped off, but why should every single other forum member suffer because of it? :(

use common sense and if the deal doesn't seem right, DON'T DO IT!!!

best thing is to implement some sort of feedback system. even if it's a feedback forum

Well said.

Low post counts, no pics, no info in the sig, location, etc.. Price too good to be true.. It's prolly a buttf$ckin waiting to happen.

A high post count don't necessarily mean d$ck either but if the OP is acting shady, again refusing to post pics of said product, etc.. then it probably a bad deal.

A feed back forum would be a simple way to help everyone.

Spoolin'

Reaction score
1. Use common sense. 2. Stick to local people only. 3. Try to use paypal. 4. Know that you are taking a risk. Eventually you will get scammed at least once in life. Whether it be them not sending anything at all, sending a box of rocks, or not telling you that a certain part was bent or broken. It is the risk you take when buying used. I honestly think the 30 day wait period and minimum 30 posts is dumb. I think that having a middle man is an okay idea if you are truly worried about getting ripped off. I think their post count and join date should be considered by the buyer but should not be a deciding factor on whether or not they are allowed to post in the classifieds.

florida 6.0

Reaction score
I usually only buy from people I can drive to meet or items less than $50 lol. I am on a few forums and any more there is atleast one thread a day about someone getting ripped off . I have been screwed over more by people I know honestly . And Spoolin' nice avatar !

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.