Cracked up the glow plug hole

jdc753

Reaction score
So truck is down for headgaskets round 2 at 196k. Just got the word back that the heads are cracked up the glow plug hole. Shop says they have reused heads with similar cracks twice before and each time it came back to bite them. These heads were new from Ford the first go around at 100k. Not buying new heads again, looking for a set of used good heads, or just risk rerunning them.

What has been everyone elses experience with this sort of cracking, instant junk on the heads or worth risking? Or does anyone have a used set for a reasonable price I can pick up.

Derek@Vision Diesel

Reaction score
Not worth risking if it has gone that far. Once it leaves the valve seat they are junk in my opinion.

You can find a verified set of 6.0 heads for $1000 on here most days.

jdc753

Reaction score
Thanks pstrk I'll do some searching later after work.

Not worth risking if it has gone that far. Once it leaves the valve seat they are junk in my opinion.

You can find a verified set of 6.0 heads for $1000 on here most days.

Exactly what I was thinking, just wanted some comfirmation. And sounds about right on price...

Mdub707

Reaction score
Looks like you got your answer Josh. I'll try and get these heads to the machine shop ASAP in case you end up needing them.

jdc753

Reaction score
Looks like you got your answer Josh. I'll try and get these heads to the machine shop ASAP in case you end up needing them.

yup, I was pretty certain that was going to be the answer, but just needed to here it a few more times lol

and Thanks Mike I appreciate it.

Latest posts

Members online