Crank, No start

Spindrift

Reaction score
My uncle's '05 Ex. He was stranded in a campground this past weekend with a no start. The truck would turn over strongly but it definitely wasn't getting any fuel and it wouldn't start. He called me and I went to take a look. Not much that I could do so I disconnected the glow plug module, hit it with some starting fluid and she fired right up. Any ideas and/or direction?
Thanks.

Spindrift

Reaction score
Forgot to add...before I hit it with starting fluid, I disconnected the ICP sensor on the driver's side valve cover (I believe that's the correct ICP location for this model year) and it still wouldn't start. Any possibility that this is a bad HPOP or IPR?

yannie

Reaction score
When my ICPS went I tried unplugging it to start and nothing but after I plugged it back in it strarted. Ran a scan tool on it and was getting bad readings from ICPS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mdub707

Reaction score
Hard to say since it started up. Did the truck stay running? Has it re-started since then? Need more info here...

Spindrift

Reaction score
After I got it started with ether, it ran fine all the way home. I'll find out it if started this morning.

Latest posts

Members online