Cruise control not working

HVFC6040

Reaction score
I installed a cruise steering wheel as well as clock spring yesterday. I jumped the pressure switch for the master calendar as well.

The wheel buttons light up and horn works, but the cc will not activate. Checked all fuses and bulbs and everything is good. The only thing I didn't do was install a brake switch because I read that jumping that pressure switch would take care of that.

Any ideas? I'm lost at this point and need it working by Monday if at all possible.

Jeremy

Reaction score
What year is the Wheel from? 05-07 wheels/switches will not work the resistor values are different. You need to make sure its 99-04 wheel and switches. At least the switches anyway.

If you jumpered the little harness that goes to the switch on the end of the master you should be in business.

Last edited:

HVFC6040

Reaction score
I hope that's the problem. I don't know what year the wheel is from but I do have an 01 wheel I can swap out. Thanks for the tip.

HVFC6040

Reaction score
What year is the Wheel from? 05-07 wheels/switches will not work the resistor values are different. You need to make sure its 99-04 wheel and switches. At least the switches anyway.

If you jumpered the little harness that goes to the switch on the end of the master you should be in business.

Thanks for the help. Switched the switches for some from an 01 and everything works great.

Latest posts

Members online