Custom driveshaft question

F350stroker

Reaction score
On the front yolk off of t-case how many inches of slip do you need to make it strong enough? I have it measured out that I would have 2.5 inches for it to slip in before it bottoms and it would be slid on the shaft 2.75" . Would this make it strong enough and allow for enough movement when the suspension compresses? This is on an ext cab short box truck with 2006 axles under it, Also a neat side note is that the front drive shaft off of the 1990 doner f-350 bolted right in with no modification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

F350stroker

Reaction score
My truck is a 250 that started as a 2wd I will have to check on the t-case number that I got for it.

F350stroker

Reaction score
Well it has a yolk at for the front drive shaft with a double cardigan joint, the rear is a splined shaft that the yolk slips on to and that is where I wasn't sure if being engaged 2.75" would be enough.

mtsnowrunner

Reaction score
Do you have front shackles or rear shackles? I have a shackle reversal without bumpstops and I've watched mine close. It only moves around an inch. I ordered mine from High Angle and I believe he uses 5-5.5" slip with about 2" of shaft showing. I would have to say you are pretty close. I don't think I would want any less spline contact than what you have now.

F350stroker

Reaction score
Yea I really don't want to damage anything if I can help it. Not that I am making really any more hp than stock but just want to be safe.

F350stroker

Reaction score
Oh and I have the 2006 rear shackles, I put 06 axles under this truck.

Latest posts

Members online