Custom tune dyno evidence?

hoosiers16

Reaction score
Does anybody out there have any dyno results from custom tunes such as SPE, Gearhead or Demonic? I know there's several more custom tunes out there those are just naming a few..

Dzchey21

Reaction score
There really isnt a ton to gain with a stock turbo on 2011-2014 with a custom tune.

Spatel23

Reaction score
I think overall driveablity is the main advantage.
You may pick up 25 horse with a custom tune versus the canned H&S, but that 25 is purely a guess on my part

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
I have SPE tunes, more power than canned tunes but harder on the turbo. If you go with custom tuning that raises the boost much above 25-26, you're risking the stocker. I saw as high as 33 and it didn't see that very often as I'm not hard on my truck but it still tapped out. I will be trying different tuning in the next few weeks to maximize my 15 turbo kit.

Keith

stevens6.7

Reaction score
Not really, I know I want a custom tune just haven't decided which one to go with..:shrug:

From what I've read though if you go with the Gearheads tune Matt can get reduce the amount of black smoke when you mash the pedal. Not sure any others though.

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Per Mike's suggestion, I'll be going with Gearhead so I can't speak to their smoke but the SPE tunes with this 15 retro kit will make the truck disappear to drivers behind you under light load and 4th gear. I'm always manual shifting under light load to keep that from happening. Id love for a clean tune with maybe a puff or haze under full throttle.

Keith

Stangr8cr

Reaction score
Are you happier with Gearhead tuning over SPE? How's the power compare? Boost about the same?

Keith

Latest posts

Members online