custom tuner for 7.3l

wildbill963258

Reaction score
I need a used reburnable custom tuner for a 7.3l. but I can only afford at the most $160 shipped can anyone help me out here? I need it for my new injectors that are about to be installed on my truck.

pullandpray

Reaction score
If your truck Is a single shot truck and the injectors are singles you don't need tuning. Save up and get it live tuned

pullandpray

Reaction score
Yep, I read you can run splits and no tuning it's not ideal but it will work it will smoke a little more down low again that was me reading not experience first hand. Why did you go splits if you don't mind me asking? Isn't that a step backwards? well unless you found a killer deal on them.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Yep, I read you can run splits and no tuning it's not ideal but it will work it will smoke a little more down low again that was me reading not experience first hand. Why did you go splits if you don't mind me asking? Isn't that a step backwards? well unless you found a killer deal on them.

I really need injectors bad and they're actually a step up because mine are AA or AB code 90cc injectors and AD's are 140cc. and i got them for $325 shipped LOL. I just need new O'rings to install them in my truck LOL.

pullandpray

Reaction score
I really need injectors bad and they're actually a step up because mine are AA or AB code 90cc injectors and AD's are 140cc. and i got them for $325 shipped LOL. I just need new O'rings to install them in my truck LOL.

Yea that was a good deal for sure. I know there is an dp tuner chip in the for sale section for cheap. still will have to get it reburnt. Just like everything else your going to run across.

FORD7.3

Reaction score
Save up for a Hydra Chip from PHP. Having the ability to load tunes and not have to send it back and forth for updates and being stuck with one tuner like other internet update able chips on the market is an awesome feature especially with doing custom tuning.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
Save up for a Hydra Chip from PHP. Having the ability to load tunes and not have to send it back and forth for updates and being stuck with one tuner like other internet update able chips on the market is an awesome feature especially with doing custom tuning.

I will upgrade later on to a better tuner, but my old injectors need to go fast so that my whole starting system wont wear out and i have to replace all of it. right now at the moment because of my injectors being bad i have only wore out my glow plugs but my starter has had several hard starts over the last 2 winters, and I dont want to have to replace it anytime soon considering i just replaced it summer of 2012.

Last edited:
Reaction score
You can do all that with the later f6 chips, they are not locked to just jody's tunes

bruce

Reaction score
If you only have 160 bones for a chip then I honestly don't see how you can afford to put fuel in it. Keep your eye out, with all the people goin hydra there are quite a few chips in the classifieds

Krause

Reaction score
You need to save more or wait to put your injectors in. 160 isnt a very realistic price to get a chip, especially since most of the chips will have files for single shots. Might get lucky, but sounds to me like you need to be patient.

wildbill963258

Reaction score
You need to save more or wait to put your injectors in. 160 isnt a very realistic price to get a chip, especially since most of the chips will have files for single shots. Might get lucky, but sounds to me like you need to be patient.

i cant afford to wait because the longer i wait the more i will have to replace later on. right now i only have to replace my glow plugs on top of my injectors but the more hard cold starts i put on that starter the more wear and tear i put on it and the sooner i have to replace it again. I know that i would have to get it re flashed i would have to get it re flashed whether the tuner has single shot files or splits because i have to get custom files to be able communicate smoothly with my pcm and run the splits smoothly as well. ive already done talked to gearhead and they quoted me for $175 for a re flash

Justin@DP-Tuner

Reaction score
If those injectors have some miles on them, you may want to send them out to get flow tested before installing. You may be shooting yourself in the foot and develop new issues, which may end up being your "new" injectors. Just a bit of advice.

It is always nice to get the "OK" from a reputable injector builder.

Also, if you are needing a tune to get you by, we can flash your PCM to run those injectors correctly, for less than you want to pay for a chip.

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If those injectors have some miles on them, you may want to send them out to get flow tested before installing. You may be shooting yourself in the foot and develop new issues, which may end up being your "new" injectors. Just a bit of advice.

Also, if you are needing a tune to get you by, we can flash your PCM to run those injectors correctly, for less than you want to pay for a chip.
been through this with him already...

live life full throttle

wildbill963258

Reaction score

How much will getting them flow tested cost and how long will it take?

Latest posts

Members online