D66 vs Stock

woodduck97

Reaction score
No problem. I just like to do things the cheapest way to a point. Also to better things. My buddy has been running 250/200 on his stock turbo with like 225k for about a year too and has been holding strong.

old man dave

Reaction score
I def would not go with the 1.0. You will be much happier with the 1.15.

I've used my stocker with a 1.0 and stageIIs for 80K miles and some 90 dyno runs pulling over 400 hp with really old (2003) tunes. When I switched back to the stock 1.15, the low-midrange dropped out. But my truck has always been the exception that proves the rules wrong.;)

haulin99sdp

Reaction score
the d66 from beans is a good turbo and as prveiously stated can make 500+hp if needed......... i think the d66 would be a killer tow setup but if your planning on goin with an s3 or s4 then jus save for that.......
but for 175's or less injectors i do not think you will need anything more than the d66 from beans or a 38r.

Reaction score
Here's a question that probably doesn't have an answer...

What's the weaker of the two? A d66 or headgaskets and stock head bolts with 250k on them. Only reason I ask is if theres always that chance of popping a gasket with a d66 I may hold off... I don't know if anyone here has done that before or not. I'm starting to lean towards running with my sticker and seeing what I think.

If it makes a difference in this decision, I occasionally will tow 8-10k... But not often wih this truck anymore. Typically never more than 4k.

haulin99sdp

Reaction score
the stock head gaskets should be fine but i would look into studs at this point......

purpleheart350

Reaction score
I have 325k all original except fuel pump, and pulleys, right now I have stock sticks but I do have D66, T500 w/ oil cross over, and so far everything is holding up good. Every so often I break her loose and get up to about 20-25 psi and have no problems yet. I am still trying to figure out how my mechanical pump is putting out 80 psi of fuel pressure. I thought they only would get up to around 65-70

woodduck97

Reaction score
Mick I had just bolts in mine for 8K with my current mods. Made about 7 or 8 runs at the strip and 3 pulls I think before I did studs plus run the **** outta it. Buddy with the 250/200's same thing allot of drag racing and daily driving it and beating on it hard and still on the stock bolts. I dont thing you have anything to worry about.

Reaction score
Mick I had just bolts in mine for 8K with my current mods. Made about 7 or 8 runs at the strip and 3 pulls I think before I did studs plus run the **** outta it. Buddy with the 250/200's same thing allot of drag racing and daily driving it and beating on it hard and still on the stock bolts. I dont thing you have anything to worry about.

That's my thoughts as well. It takes a lot to pop gaskets on these engines

EASH

Reaction score
this is my personal experience with 175/30% injectors and stock turbo my truck has 232000 miles few other minor mods the turbo cleans it up pretty good at WOT also 35-37 psi at WOT ive had the injectors a little over a month and 4 passes at the drag strip and the stocker is headed down hill fast.....i was planning on going with the D66 when this one grenades

Latest posts

Members online