Dead 2015

jbair14

Reaction score
My 2015 shut down on me several times today within a 5 mile trip. It would be running fine then start dropping RPM and have no pedal response. A few of the times it would eventually gain RPMs and be fine again and 3 times it completely died. It almost felt like it was running out of fuel or how a 6.0 felt when a HPOP went out. It would restart and stuffer for a few seconds, then run fine again. At first it didn't throw any engine codes but the 2nd & 3rd times it dies it threw codes. It threw codes the 2nd time for MAF & MAP sensor, the 3rd time it threw a codes for MAF, MAP, and for exhaust back pressure sensor. The truck currently has 52k miles, it was ******d at 4K miles with SCT and I've been running ******* sense 35k miles. I was running SOTF tunes the first couple times it happened so while broke down on the side of the road I unhooked the SOTF cable and hooked it back up to the CAC pipe sensor. (I know this automatically sets the SOTF tuning to the 400HP tune) I also examined my MAF sensor and it looked fine. I changed back to my stock intake ~1,200 miles ago as I'm starting to sell parts off my truck. The next time it almost died right after I made the cable switch I changed the tune to a non SOTF tune. I still had the issue and limped the truck home. I towed 20 miles this weekend and had no issues with it. I also noticed my factory boost gauge showed ~35+ psi of boost while Idling, my edge showed the correct 0psi. I already had plans to put the *** back on the truck this Saturday as I'm done towing my 5th wheel for the season and my '17 should be in within the next 4 weeks. Has anyone seen anything like this before. I'm very lucky this didn't happen on one of my long distance trips this summer.

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Sounds like a short in the 5v sensor supply somewhere.

The 35lbs of boost makes me think that.

But anot issue like this has to be troubleshot from the beginning.

What is the battery voltage right now with the key off sitting still? The interesting thing about these modern trucks and the high quality starters is they will start on next to dead batteries.

I would start by doing a load test on both batteries and checking connections at the batteries and also look for corrosion on the terminals.

Latest posts

Members online