Death wobble while braking: my 2016 F250 is getting loose. When hard braking at 65 mph .

prefab221

Reaction score
2016 F250 w 236,000 mi. When braking hard at 65 mph im getting a bad wobble... alignment shop says it needs tie rod ends, could this be the problem? I put new front rotors and pads recently. Any ideas? Thank you

ncollins64

Reaction score
I’m not too much help here but over the last week my 6.4 got new tie rod ends, drag link joint, drag link and a perfect alignment. It wasn’t until all of that was replaced and aligned I got some death wobble and it ended up being my Trac bar ball joint.

Maybe lay under your truck and have someone turn your wheel back and forth and see if you see that joint or any other joint moving with alot of play.

prefab221

Reaction score
I had replaced the trac bar joint about 2 months ago.

Sent from my SM-S906U using Tapatalk

Tiha

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Reaction score
Usually if it only happens during braking it is warped rotors.

prefab221

Reaction score
Ty Sir, i will ck them this weekend. I bought a new set of Detroit axle rotors, maybe they are junk? Probably go with fomoco rotors. Im not hard at all on the truck...

ToMang07

Reaction score
Ty Sir, i will ck them this weekend. I bought a new set of Detroit axle rotors, maybe they are junk? Probably go with fomoco rotors. Im not hard at all on the truck...

You get what you pay for, unfortunately those are about as cheap as they come.

With that many miles, there's probably a lot of slop in the front end. I'd find a good/trusted shop to go through it thoroughly.

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk

ncollins64

Reaction score
Unless I’m doing big after market kits from wilwood or ssbc etc, I always go back with motorcraft. They always last me very well and I’m towing heavy often.

Latest posts

Members online