Death Wobble

genie144

Reaction score
So my truck has developed a case of death wobble... I'm assuming tie rod, ball joint, or some other component of the steering that I do not entirely understand... I'm taking the truck to a repair facility this afternoon to get it checked out. When I'm having the repairs completed, should I have anything else done at the same time?

Also, what is the best replacement parts - OEM, XRF, etc? There's only 81k on the truck today.

Sam

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
My steering started getting real loose but hadn't gotten to death wobble and it was the passenger side tie rod end. Had to jack up that side and try moving the tire before I found where it was. Easy to replace to, just counted the threads out and back in. Truck only had 75kish on it with only the last 5k with the lift,wheels and tires. 92k now and ball joints are still good. I do have a PMF dual stabilizer though.I'm in Thornton so if you ever need anything down here let me know.

genie144

Reaction score
Appreciate it! The truck has a no deductible extended warranty covering parts and labor (I have to pay sales tax). The shop will tear into and figure out what all needs to be replaced. I was going to ask them to make sure any defective part be included.

Side note, is that your truck in your avatar?

Sam

Sahrens0202

Reaction score
That's nice, I have a hard time trusting anyone to work on mine but if it was warranty, have at it!! Yes sir, it is. I have a picture thread somewhere on here.

WoodBoy

Reaction score
I have seen a couple of trac bar bushings gone out to cause this on several trucks. I need to check mine out as a matter of fact. Mine seems to want to try and wobble on me

genie144

Reaction score
Mine ended up being drag link and track bar, I believe. It'll be getting ball joints, drag links, bushings, and stabilizer next week. Can't quite swing the lift I had my eye on until I get my business a little more stable.

Sam

Last edited:

Latest posts

Members online