Debating 6.2 vs. 6.7

6.0 Tech

Reaction score
I havent seen them drop valves, but breaking valve springs seems to be pretty common. Ive done quite a few of them now...

Sent from my VS988 using Tapatalk

superpsd

Reaction score
Well they have to be spun up high to do any hard work. I am sure that fatigues the springs early

dsberman94

Reaction score
Yea. We’ve had a lot of them. One truck as early as 60k miles. The shop we take them to is around $10k to swap in a new engine from ford. Not sure if that’s an accurate price or marked up for gas and oil work.

Black AOD

Reaction score
OP, I'll be as bluntly honest as I can here.

I guess I don't understand why even bother with an under powered gas motor that gets poor fuel mileage in a truck that weighs 8k +

The torque alone should sell you on a 6.7 for how easily it pushes the truck along and how well it allows the truck to truly do what it is designed to do, haul heavy sh*t.

My 2017 F350 6.7 PSD was stock emissions for the first 36k miles then it lost weight and is now almost at 50k mileage (I've only owned the truck for 19 months so far) and it hasn't skipped a beat on anything besides my 6R doing some funny things but it's still running strong as ever. Oil change with LE 8854 every 10k, fuel filters every 10k, changed tranny fluid to LE fluid at 40k. The truck has been to deep south Florida twice, central Colorado once, all around Ohio pretty much every week, and every surrounding state to me. It has also hauled trailer loads anywhere between 10,000-30,000 lbs probably 30-40 times in the past year and half. And had numerous 5,000 lb loads put into the bed.

I don't have one mechanical issue complaint with these trucks at all as long as maintenance is kept up on it. The only thing I could say needs improved upon from the factory is transmission cooling and luckily for us aftermarket guys Dennis @ Strictly Diesel seems to have figured that out with his added trans cooler than mounts behind the grille.

I just drove 250 miles yesterday between 60-65 mph to lake erie and back and averaged between 18.5-19 mpg on my trip. I'd be lucky if the 6.2 gasser got 12 I bet.

Last edited:

Jonnydime

Reaction score
OP, I'll be as bluntly honest as I can here.

I guess I don't understand why even bother with an under powered gas motor that gets poor fuel mileage in a truck that weighs 8k +

The torque alone should sell you on a 6.7 for how easily it pushes the truck along and how well it allows the truck to truly do what it is designed to do, haul heavy sh*t.

My 2017 F350 6.7 PSD was stock emissions for the first 36k miles then it lost weight and is now almost at 50k mileage (I've only owned the truck for 19 months so far) and it hasn't skipped a beat on anything besides my 6R doing some funny things but it's still running strong as ever. Oil change with LE 8854 every 10k, fuel filters every 10k, changed tranny fluid to LE fluid at 40k. The truck has been to deep south Florida twice, central Colorado once, all around Ohio pretty much every week, and every surrounding state to me. It has also hauled trailer loads anywhere between 10,000-30,000 lbs probably 30-40 times in the past year and half. And had numerous 5,000 lb loads put into the bed.

I don't have one mechanical issue complaint with these trucks at all as long as maintenance is kept up on it. The only thing I could say needs improved upon from the factory is transmission cooling and luckily for us aftermarket guys Dennis @ Strictly Diesel seems to have figured that out with his added trans cooler than mounts behind the grille.

I just drove 250 miles yesterday between 60-65 mph to lake erie and back and averaged between 18.5-19 mpg on my trip. I'd be lucky if the 6.2 gasser got 12 I bet.

What you have described is the exact reason to own a diesel. Short hauls in town doing farm junk I would buy a gasser all day long.

Black AOD

Reaction score
What you have described is the exact reason to own a diesel. Short hauls in town doing farm junk I would buy a gasser all day long.

I think differently than you. I'd still buy a diesel.

The only gas truck I'll ever own would be a 1/2 ton. That's it.

Jonnydime

Reaction score
I think differently than you. I'd still buy a diesel.

The only gas truck I'll ever own would be a 1/2 ton. That's it.

You're talking close to $30k to swap a fleet of 3 trucks from gas to diesel. If ford gave you the ability to turn the power down to 350/700 on rclb trucks I would consider swapping a fleet of short haul (in town) trucks to diesel.

Black AOD

Reaction score
You're talking close to $30k to swap a fleet of 3 trucks from gas to diesel. If ford gave you the ability to turn the power down to 350/700 on rclb trucks I would consider swapping a fleet of short haul (in town) trucks to diesel.

You lost me? I thought we were only talking about one truck, not fleets.

ToMang07

Reaction score
Def just 1 truck, lol

I just have a very hard time finding any at all, so far I haven't had even 1 bite on the car, which means private sales/small dealers are out. I've only found 1 diesel that I like, (handful total) and it's a tiny dealership with no interest in trades.

Plus forking out another 10k and $150-200 more a month is just hard to justify.

I'll be honest, I found a little red regular cab xlt 6.2 that I'm seriously considering.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ToMang07

Reaction score
Found a nice XLT CCLB diesel for 35k...

They said best they could do is 8k on the trade in, lol

(KBB says 12-14k stock)

I'll pass...

lincolnlocker

Reaction score
If you didnt see this in the random pic thread, then here it is. No ***in way in hell will i ever let my brother do this again. There was a few moments when i thought it was going to grenade something.. 6.2 gasser. 60mph on flat ground in 3rd gear with the cruise set. Anything more than a .5% grade and it would downshift to 2nd and ***in scream!
ac5e78d0e76393c39f7c8c2b383ce0ef.jpg

live life full throttle

ToMang07

Reaction score
If you didnt see this in the random pic thread, then here it is. No ***in way in hell will i ever let my brother do this again. There was a few moments when i thought it was going to grenade something.. 6.2 gasser. 60mph on flat ground in 3rd gear with the cruise set. Anything more than a .5% grade and it would downshift to 2nd and ***in scream!
ac5e78d0e76393c39f7c8c2b383ce0ef.jpg

live life full throttle
Jeebus.... that's just asking for it, lol

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.