DEF Tank/System

onebadf150

Reaction score
I need to snap a shot of what happens to stagnated UREA in a UREA system.

Its not so pretty. Looks like a crystal cavern somewhere in Missouri. I deal with thousands of gallons of that crap every day on our 8200hp engines at a plant. The clogging and coking of the urea gets old. I hate the stuff.

So in other words. Purge the lines as BEST as you can with water then compressed air.

Damn that sounds nasty

CATDiezel

Reaction score
Damn I need to get mine out of my truck ASAP then, it may be to late for me already tho

The bad part is im FULLY aware of the dangers of letting it sit and freeze up and ect ect ect....

My tank is still on with like 20% left in it and it hasnt been active for a very long time!!....

This thread provoked me to take care of it now.

The problem is if the UREA evaporates. It leaves behind a crystal. So basically the Urea tank on our trucks will eventually evaporate. It will take time but it will.

onebadf150

Reaction score
Can someone post some pics and brief description on how To remove the urea tank when they remove there's in the future.

Thanks

MorganY

Reaction score
Major pain, I tired the filler neck is small and bends to much to get a hose down.

Sent from my I fone 5

Its possible. 3/8" ID hose reducing to 3/8" OD hose fits, and an old 6.4 LPFP wired to a battery works well. Had to drop a tank to repair the wiring above it from a rat.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

MorganY

Reaction score
I need to snap a shot of what happens to stagnated UREA in a UREA system.

Its not so pretty. Looks like a crystal cavern somewhere in Missouri. I deal with thousands of gallons of that crap every day on our 8200hp engines at a plant. The clogging and coking of the urea gets old. I hate the stuff.

So in other words. Purge the lines as BEST as you can with water then compressed air.

X2. Spill some on a small concrete patch and watch it "evaporate"

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Latest posts

Members online