delete vs. waranty

captainn_stroken

Reaction score
I deleting the exhaust really worth losing your waranty over? I have been contemplating doing this for a bit now. My 2012 only has 10k on it. Im really looking for better mileage. Any thoughts?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I deleted mine at the first oil change. Roughly at a 10k and I hit 70k today and wished I would have done it sooner

It's well worth it in my opinion and you can always take it back to stock if you had to take it in for warranty reasons

Daniel@RudysDiesel

Reaction score
:whs: if you need to take it in for warrenty work put your stock stuff on and do your own oil changes. Or just get to know the diesel tech at your local dealer. I know mine pretty good and they dont care even the service manager doesnt care

ghohouston

Reaction score
i too would delete delete delete! and like stated, hang on to your original equipment, in case it does need to see the dealer.

Cratos

Reaction score
I am getting sick and tired of my truck going into regen very 70-80 miles
(Usually as I am getting home.) I have the edge insight so I know when it is going on)
Does anyone have a delete kit that turns it all off but has a nice quite muffler? I’m not looking for more power ( I am happy with the stock power) or noise just what to get rid of the EPA junk!!!

Mpoage

Reaction score
I am getting sick and tired of my truck going into regen very 70-80 miles
(Usually as I am getting home.) I have the edge insight so I know when it is going on)
Does anyone have a delete kit that turns it all off but has a nice quite muffler? I’m not looking for more power ( I am happy with the stock power) or noise just what to get rid of the EPA junk!!!

If you do a delete pipe then it will be pretty quiet. I did one this weekend and there's not hardly any noise in the cab at full throttle.

Breaking Habits

Reaction score
Cratos

AFE has an awesome 4" system thats very mild. They are all stainless with a 6" tip, look great, sound very mellow and deep, with NO interior noise

I think MAP is like 579 on them? I had on on my 2011 truck when they first came out, loved it!

captainn_stroken

Reaction score
I ordered a h&s mini maxx and went with just the Delete pipe and not full exhaust. I know the MM stops the EGR but is it best to go ahead and remove it completely? Does it hurt to leave it on?

TXGLASSMAN

Reaction score
I ordered a h&s mini maxx and went with just the Delete pipe and not full exhaust. I know the MM stops the EGR but is it best to go ahead and remove it completely? Does it hurt to leave it on?

I have a full Delete on mine and love it. I wouldn't leave it on but that's just me. And I came from a 6.0 so I was still in the mode of deleteing everything and removing it vs just blocking it off

Latest posts

Members online